This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
28 Nov 2023
Teacher Middle School English Language Development Teacher – Sunnyside Campus
About Rocky Mountain Prep
Rocky Mountain Prep is a growing network of innovative public charter schools, serving students in pre-kindergarten through fifth grade in the Greater Denver Area. Rocky Mountain Prep opened its first school in 2012 with 130 students and has grown to four schools, working with over 1,800 scholars across two districts. Grounded in our culture of rigor and love, our schools consistently outperform local districts academically, while also ensuring our scholars are developing in our PEAK values of perseverance, excellence, adventure, and kindness. In the school year 2023-2024, we will grow to 12 schools serving over 5,000 students
Who We Seek
If you are someone who is mission-driven, humble in your reflections about your practice, smart in the ways you approach data, and results-oriented, we’d love to see you apply.
During the 2023-2024 school year, RMP is driving after five big goals:
1. Going Green on the Colorado School Performance Framework
2. 90% Student Persistence
3. 95% Daily Attendance
4. Fully Enrolled by October Count
5. Academic Goals
- Elementary: Pre-K Students show 1 year of growth
- Elementary: Kinder through 2nd Grade Students Grow 1.25 years in ELA and Math
- Elementary: 40% of 3rd through 5th Grade students meet their Millionaire Goal (1 million words read)
- Middle School: 40% of 6th through 8th Grade Students meet their Millionaire Goal (2 million words read)
- High School: 100% College Acceptance
Each member of the organization plays a part in achieving these goals. School-based staff members will work towards 2 or 3 metrics that are aligned to both their individual roles AND the Big 5. These metrics vary by position and are subject to change.
The salary for this position is 50,000 TO 69,000 based on years of teaching in K12 and level of education.
Summary of Essential Functions
- Lead engaging, data-driven instruction in English Language Development utilizing a demonstrated knowledge of language acquisition, multilingualism, and culturally responsive pedagogy
- Analyze assessment data to understand students’ needs and implement research-based methods in all four language domains
- Execute robust progress monitoring to track language development, establish student goals, and drive instruction
- Create or adapt curricular resources to address students’ language development goals in alignment with ELD standards
Rocky Mountain Prep Requirements
- We do not require a Colorado Teaching License for our general education teaching positions. However, you do need to possess a Bachelor of Arts or Sciences degree and achieve Qualified Teacher Status within six weeks of your start date through one of the approved channels outlined by the Colorado Department of Education. (More questions about this? We highly encourage you to connect with the folks at TEACH Colorado! )
- A commitment to the social and emotional well-being of all scholars and the culture of the school.
Nice to Haves
- Speaks Spanish
- 2+ years of teaching experience
- Knowledgeable about ESL instruction through a culturally responsive and critical pedagogical framework
- Demonstrated success working with scholars from historically marginalized communities
Benefits – TOTAL REWARDS
- Our benefits package includes:
- Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement through PERA
Want more information
Please review our Rocky Mountain Prep Frequently Asked Questions to learn more about our program!
Demonstrate eligibility to work in the United States
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Rocky Mountain Prep does not sponsor visas at this time.
RMP is an equal opportunity employer. We seek applicants of diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to color, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have any questions, please email our Talent Recruiter Sean Spencer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate your interest in Rocky Mountain Prep and look forward to getting to know you!