Teacher Middle School Art, Science, ELA, Math Teachers
Amani Public Charter School is a stand alone middle school for grades 5-8, located in Mount Vernon, NY. The mission of the Amani Public Charter School is to provide Mount Vernon, New York students in the 5th through 8th grades with the academic skills necessary to succeed in competitive high school programs, college and the career of their choice. Since Amani opened its doors in 2010, it has provided the Mount Vernon community with the option of School Choice.
What we Offer
Amani Public Charter Schools offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. Aside from extensive professional development, all staff members are equipped with a laptop computer, email, and up-to-date technologies in the classroom.
We are seeking an experienced ELA teacher, Math teacher, Science teacher, and Art teacher with a passion for teaching in the 2023-2024 school year.
Teachers at Amani create a classroom environment that fosters scholars’ awareness and appreciation of the role of mathematics in everyday life. You are the leader of your classroom and build strong relationships with scholars in order to push them to achieve the school mission.
Teachers at Amani appreciate feedback and collaboration in order to meet the needs of every scholar. To that end, you will take part in regular data meetings, engage in administrative observations and Professional Learning Communities, and participate in ongoing professional development over the course of the school year.
Our ideal teacher will exemplify the techniques and traits aimed to close the achievement gap, transforming students at risk of failure into achievers.
- Utilize the provided curriculum to create engaging, rigorous, and differentiated lessons
- Use standards-aligned formative and summative assessment strategies to assess learner’s progress and use data to plan and adjust ongoing instruction
- Analyze assessments that measure progress towards these standards and use this assessment data to inform and differentiate instructional practices
- Create lesson plans that can be implemented in class and/or virtually
- Create and maintain online classrooms via Google Classroom
- Attend planning and data meetings with coach and other staff
- Attend weekly schoolwide professional development
- Manage online student information systems (SchoolTool, Google Classroom, Kickboard)
- Provide consistent rewards and/or consequences for student behavior
- Be accountable for students’ mastery of academic standards
- Participate in an annual two-week staff orientation and training
- Create a positive, structured learning environment to ensure that students observe the school’s core values, high expectations, and code of conduct
- Understand how to manage time,space, transitions and activities for high levels of productivity
- Communicate effectively and regularly with students, families, and colleagues
- Participate and support grade-level activities and school-wide functions throughout the school-year
Location and Commitments
- School day is 7:45 AM – 4PM, Monday through Friday
- School year runs from second week in August through end of June
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or related subject area;
- NYS Teaching Certification preferred but not required
- Comfortable with Online Learning
- Proficiency in Google Suite preferred
- Proficiency in Google Classroom preferred
- Previous teaching experience with middle-school aged children preferred
Start date: August 2023
Location: On site
Salary: $60,000 – $75,000/yr
Amani believes in the importance of being a diverse,equitable and inclusive organization that enables our students and staff to thrive. We are committed to building a talented team that reflects the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.