Teacher Mild Moderate Special Education Teacher
504 Team Member and Student Assessment Leader (SAL)
As the 504 Team Member, this employee will;
- Work with a team including School Psychologist, Nurse, MTSS Coordinator, Assistant Principal and General Education Teachers to evaluate and assess student reports and data, determine 504 eligibility and develop 504 plans
- Experience in the assessment systems related to special education and 504 development
- Coordinate data collection from teachers
- Complete academic assessment and written summaries
- Attend all MTSS and 504 meetings
- Facilitate 504 meetings with parents, teachers, and other school partners
- Serve as case manager for students
- Provide 504 related guidance for parents
As Student Assessment Leader (SAL)
- Partner with Assistant Principal on development and implementation of assessment program
- Prioritize communication with school district and testing organizations to assure solid implementation of assessment program
- Provide communications and training to school staff related to all assessment programs and protocols
- Primary focus on accountability level assessments and surveys (ACCESS, SAT, PSAT, CMAS, APPL, Parent Surveys, Student Perception Survey, etc), with development and support provided for formative assessment systems
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Susana Cordova and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
How to ApplyApplicants can email Principal John_Youngquist@dpsk12.org
Cover Letter, Résumé, and References
Applicants will then be given a job number for application on the Denver Public School Job Board.
192 total views, 10 today