Teacher Model Teacher – $100,000 Salary
Position Title: Model Teacher
Funding Source: General Fund
Reports to: This position reports to and is evaluated by the School Principal
- 5+ Years of Experience in the classroom as a lead teacher/teacher of record
- In the educator’s most recent 3 year period, at least 2 years of “Highly Effective” summative ratings in MOECS (or equivalent, if out-of-state)
- Must hold a valid Michigan Teaching Certification with appropriate endorsement(s) for desired position
- Demonstrate mastery across all elements of a DAAS Model Teacher: Impact on Scholar Outcomes, Professionalism, Commitment to Equity, and Family & Community Engagement
- Cover Letter/Personal Statement addressing your qualifications for and interest in the position
- Letter of Recommendation from a current colleague or administrator
- Submission of the following artifacts:
- Summative Educator Evaluations for the most recent three year period
- Proof of impact on scholar outcomes (i.e., NWEA or iReady growth report)
- Video of teaching (between 5 and 10 minutes in length) accompanied by a written description of what you were teaching and why you chose this video to share
Position Description: The Model Teacher is responsible for leading classroom instruction in his or her assigned grade level and/or content area (K-8 All Subjects or Special Education). In addition to his or her regular teaching responsibilities, the Model Teacher takes on additional teacher leadership roles including but not limited to facilitating PLCs and leading grade level/content area teams, mentoring/developing apprentice teachers, leading professional development, and serving on school improvement committees.
- Fulfills all responsibilities of a teacher for your grade/subject
- Model and co-teach lessons, visit classrooms, view instruction, and engage in reflective discussion with classroom teachers
- Regularly share your instructional practice through peer observations and video recording of your teaching
- Provide non-evaluative collegial support and mentorship
- Co-lead grade-level Professional Learning Community meetings with subject area specialist, including collaborative planning, looking at student work, and analyzing data
- Support curriculum review and adaptation process
- Provide additional high quality resources and materials to teachers
- Engage in ongoing professional development, both within and outside of the organization, and share research-based practices to share with all staff
- Participate and/or lead in after-school and summer professional learning as needed
- Other duties may be assigned by building principal
Required Competencies & Skills:
- Achieve outstanding student achievement results in a short amount of time;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Strong verbal and written language and communication skills;
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills;
- Ability to build strong interpersonal relationships and work effectively in a collaborative environment;
- Possess a track record of leadership, integrity, initiative, curiosity and perseverance;
- Ability to communicate effectively, interpret policy and procedures, and maintain emotional control under stress;
- Desire to continuously learn and increase effectiveness as a professional;
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel and the Google Suite;
- Express a commitment to relentless pursuit of increasing student learning; and
- Ability to skillfully challenge the status quo.
Physical Requirements: Light Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move objects; Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pushing and pulling.
Terms of Employment: Salary of $100,000 in accordance with the District’s approved compensation plan. Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be those established by the District.
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated by the School Principal in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluation of personnel.