Teacher Music Teacher – K-8
Aspen Academy, a PK-8 independent school in Greenwood Village, has an amazing position available for a skilled and inspiring K-8 Music Teacher. This position could also expand to include Band Director.
If you thrive with teaching different age groups in the same day, planning and pivoting to meet the needs of various learners, collaborating with a talented team of educators, and being that rare teacher that knows almost every student in a school, we want to meet you.
If not for life, then what are we learning for? At Aspen Academy, we look at learning as a way to ignite the personal passions and interests of each and every student. Our academics, partnered with a focused leadership development sequence, prepare students for life. Students thrive as they build lasting relationships with peers and teachers through small class sizes and a community focus.
We live and model the community’s values in thought, word and deed to students, colleagues and parents and the larger community. We are palpably committed to, supportive and co-leaders in the achievement of Aspen Academy’s vision and mission.
- Our values: Be Kind. Do Good. Work Hard. Make the World Better.
- Our mission: We edify and inspire students and educators to grow, learn and lead.
- Our vision: We are a national leader in innovative and transformative education.
Does this describe you?
- You cultivate students’ curiosity, engagement, growth and performance in academic, intellectual, social and emotional domains.
- You are a competent, compassionate, creative, dedicated and enthusiastic professional. You are committed to growth and improvement.
- You possess strong instructional pedagogy, a habit and practice of continual personal and professional growth, and both curiosity and expertise in the content to be taught.
- You are an excellent communicator, both written and verbal.
- Your strengths include time, organization and project management; and you demonstrate strong social and emotional intelligence, and cultural competency.
If so, please apply to join our team.
Diversity and inclusion are core to Aspen Academy. We are passionate about building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive working and learning environment. Every member on our team enriches our community by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world. We don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and thrive because of it. Aspen Academy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and promotes affirmative action. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and military and veteran status.
Essential Functions Summary
- Develop program and daily lesson plans to teach general music to K-8th grade students.
- Teach music theory and knowledge and skills in music including harmony, appreciation, history, ensemble, aural skills and practical techniques to students.
- Utilize repertoire of all types of music literature, including traditional and contemporary that are appropriate for the ages and skill levels of students. Incorporate musical instruments in lessons.
- Design and development program.
- Prepare students for school concerts and planned music experiences.
- Provide opportunities for music ensembles including rock band and choir.
- Build relationships and mentor students. Inspire and motivate students to extend themselves to after school music clubs.
- Differentiate music curriculum to meet the needs of the individual student and the student body.
- Evaluate each student’s musical growth and contribution to the performance of the group that allows everyone to contribute.
- Maintain care/responsibility for school-owned music, musical instruments, and equipment to prevent loss or abuse.
- Active contributor and team member to Essentials team.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Preferred: Teaching credential or license, generalist or domain specific. Degree in music or music education.
- 3-5 years classroom experience. Preferred: Experience teaching music to lower and/or middle grades. Orff, Kodaly, or Dalcroze training. Experience in both vocal and instrumental music. Clear knowledge and deep understanding of popular, traditional and classical music.
- Evidence of content mastery.
- Grant permission for a criminal background check upon hire.
- Meet physical demands to perform essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions: Ability to work full-time, including some evenings and weekends; work in person/in the school building; speak for long periods of time. Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds; occasionally life up to 50 pounds.
For the coming school year, we are not able to consider candidates that require a Visa. Please check back next year!
Aspen Academy offers an excellent compensation package including health, dental, 403(b) with matching and more; wide-ranging opportunities for professional development; and a talented and dedicated staff of teaching professionals and supportive administrators.
Salary Range: Starting annual salary $45,068-$72,078 (based on education & experience step and ladder, max 9 years teaching experience credit)
To learn more about working at Aspen Academy: https://www.aspenacademy.org/about/careers