School Network Staff Network Director of Academics
The USI DIRECTOR of ACADEMICS is responsible for implementing and maintaining academic programs and services in conformance with network and state objectives; providing written support and/or conveying information; serving as a resource to other school personnel, and ensuring that objectives of programs and services are achieved.
JOB DESCRIPTION Knowledge of instructional practices, elements of effective instruction, strategic planning, network level systems and developing a professional community of learners. Experience in school administration, working with teachers and other leaders on instructional issues, program evaluation, integration of literacy and implementation of standards-based curriculum.
- Develops strategies for the purpose of codifying and implementing network-wide systems in alignment with the USI Instructional Vision
- Manages Principals and Assistant Principals in implementing network-wide instructional systems
- Collaborates with others for the purpose of implementing and/or maintaining services or programs, and to identify and assess academic needs
- Coaches school administrators and instructional coaches for the purpose of enhancing productivity of personnel and achieving objectives
- Evaluates programs and/or projects for the purpose of carrying out and achieving objectives within the area of responsibility.
- Conducts instructional walkthroughs for the purposes of identifying trends and coaching instructional leaders
- Manages and oversees program components for the purpose of delivering services which conform to established guidelines and regulations.
- Works in collaboration with Director of Student Services to ensure
- Develops, implements and monitors network programs and policies
- Coordinate with administrators and staff for the purpose of providing staff development to improve achievement of all students
- Assists other personnel for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
- Facilitates meetings, processes, etc. for the purpose of implementing and maintaining programs and services which achieve network desired objectives.
- Participates in meetings, workshops and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions
- Researches a variety of information (e.g. current practices, instructional materials, methods, curriculum guidelines, concerns etc.) for the purpose of developing new programs and/or master plan
- Conduct audits of instructional systems in collaboration with school leadership to monitor implementation of network-wide instructional systems.
- Minimum 3 years of administrative experience required.
- Assistant Principal experience required. Principal Experience preferred.
- Masters in curriculum/educational leadership/public administration preferred.
- Strong content knowledge.
- Experience providing feedback and coaching towards strong, data-supported results.
- Organizational skills; extremely careful attention to detail and follow-through
- Effective communication skills
- Passionate commitment to the mission of United Schools of Indianapolis