Operations Office Administrator
The Colorado Charter School Institute (CSI) is a statewide charter school authorizer whose mission is to foster high-quality public school choices offered through charter schools, particularly schools that are focused on closing the achievement gap for at-risk students. Governed by a board of nine members appointed by the Governor and Commissioner of Education, CSI currently serves a diverse portfolio of 41 schools across the state of Colorado serving over 17,500 PK-12 students. CSI is uniquely positioned to serve and promote charter school innovation in communities throughout Colorado and to be a leader in improvements in authorizer practices. CSI aspires to continue growing the quality and quantity of its portfolio of schools in Colorado in response to the need for high quality, innovative charter school options. Our organization is at an extraordinary point of opportunity and is poised to make additional systemic changes that will yield improvements within the portfolio’s overall student achievement.
POSITION REPORTS TO: Human Resources and Accounts Payable Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ROLE-SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties of this position include the following. Employees in this position perform some or all of the following tasks. Other duties may be assigned.
- Execute all clerical and office management functions for CSI staff
- Serve as front line for all school calls, general requests, and interfaces with CSI departmental staff to respond to CSI school questions, requests for information, and problem resolution
- Maintain CSI School and internal staff contact information via shared drive system and CSI website.
- Maintain CSI internal shared drive system including continual monitoring and direction to staff to ensure office wide standardization in use, as well as the tracking of critical CSI and school resources and information
- Coordinate with Building Management as needed and serve as the office Floor Warden in the event of an emergency
- Coordinate all travel and meeting accommodations for CSI staff as requested, in compliance with CSI’s travel and financial policies and procedures
- Coordinate CSI social events in conjunction with the social committee
- Assist Human Resources with recruiting and employee onboarding/offboarding logistics
- Maintain common areas and shared spaces
- Manage inventory of all office supplies, and technology equipment including purchase of materials, in compliance with CSI financial policies and procedures
- Process payments of state and federal grants, categorical funding, state equalization to CSI schools, external vendors and employee reimbursements
- Complete monthly purchasing card account allocations and ensure proper supporting documentation is on file. Track and report spending violations
- Collaborate with CSI’s Communications Department to support the development and implementation of communications initiatives
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Well-honed interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment meeting deadlines during peak periods
- Flexible and able to work autonomously as well as take direction as
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated ability to follow-through on projects
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Familiarity with and willingness to learn about and utilize workplace technology
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- 3+ years in an administrative role, preferably within a non-profit or school environment
- Experience managing multiple ongoing programs or projects with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with accounting software or data entry
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- This is a full time (1 Full-Time Equivalent) position
- $3,750-$4,583 per month. Commensurate with experience.
As an employee of the Colorado Charter School Institute (State of Colorado), you will have access to a variety of benefits to include medical, dental, paid holidays, ample paid vacation and sick time, no-cost life and disability insurance (with additional paid options), Flex Spending and Health Savings Account options, and participation in the Colorado Public Employees’ Retirement Association (PERA)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk; sit; use hands for fine manipulation, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms using a keyboard and video display terminal. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is a standard office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, functions or working conditions associated with the job. This job description is not a contract of employment or a promise or guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment. CSI may add to, modify or delete any aspect of this job (or the position itself) at any time as it deems advisable.
How to ApplyTo apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to CSIEmployment@csi.state.co.us
530 total views, 1 today