Teacher Part Time Special Education Teacher
SOAR is committed to providing excellent educational opportunities to students in Far Northeast Denver. SOAR offers a holistic approach to education that implements rigorous academic instruction in conjunction with an active classroom. Our model challenges students to think critically and take active roles in their classrooms and communities. This results in higher achievement and greater engagement in school. Our school gives students the academic and character-building skills they need as learners and leaders.
SOAR Vision: SOAR students create full and meaningful lives, enrich our democracy, and create a more just society.
The Special Education Teacher provides instruction, assessment and program planning for special education students with learning disabilities. Other responsibilities include, monitoring and evaluating student progress and behavior; researching, obtaining and providing instructional materials for special education services; serving as a resource for students and parents and working collaboratively with classroom teachers.
- Adapts classroom work for the purpose of providing students with instructional materials that address individual learning plans within established lesson plans
- Administers developmental testing and subject specific tests, for the purpose of assessing student competency levels and/or developing individual learning plans
- Advises parents and/or legal guardians of student progress for the purpose of communicating expectations; student achievement; developing methods for improvement and/or reinforcing classroom goals
- Assesses student’s progress toward objectives, expectations, and/or goals (e.g. behavioral, academic needs, etc.) for the purpose of providing feedback to students, parents and administration
- Collaborates with instructional staff, other school personnel, and parents for the purpose of improving the overall quality of student outcomes, and achieving established objectives in support of the school improvement plan
- Monitors students’ behavior/activities in a variety of education environments
- Participates in and/or coordinates a variety of meetings for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions
- Prepares a variety of written materials (e.g. progress reports, attendance, anecdotal records, etc.) for the purpose of documenting student progress and meeting legal requirements
- Perform other duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work.
- Colorado Department of Education Special Education License
- English Language Acquisition (ELA) Endorsement preferred
- Experience writing IEP’s and using Enrich preferred
- Must have prior successful teaching experience in an urban setting
- Must have a Colorado State license or a BA and as passing score on the Praxis or PLACE exam in relevant subject area(s), including special education endorsement
How to ApplyApply here: SOAR Job Openings
561 total views, 1 today