Teacher Performing Arts Teacher (Drama, Theatre, Music & Dance)
Performing Arts Teacher (Drama, Theatre, Music & Dance)
2018-2019 School Year, Starts August 8, 2018
SOAR is committed to providing excellent educational opportunities to students in Far Northeast Denver. SOAR offers a holistic approach to education that implements rigorous academic instruction in conjunction with an active classroom. Our model challenges students to think critically and take active roles in their classrooms and communities. This results in higher achievement and greater engagement in school. Our school gives students the academic and character-building skills they need as learners and leaders.
SOAR Vision: SOAR students create full and meaningful lives, enrich our democracy, and create a more just society.
The Musical Theatre/Performing Arts Teacher is a fulltime teaching position, teaching Kindergarten through 5th Grade students.
- Key responsibilities include:
- Provide an inviting, exciting, inclusive, and joyful learning environment;
- Develop curriculum and lesson plans that are rigorous, clear, measurable, and aligned with Colorado Standards and SOAR’s instructional approaches;
- Helps students develop interpersonal skills and problem-solving capabilities through group interaction and artistic collaboration.
- Organize and produces student performances throughout the school year.
- Teaches students to create, communicate, and problem solve through performance art.
- Develops the student’s understanding and connection between performance art and culture
- Participate wholeheartedly in professional development and enrich their expertise in the subject area they will teach;
- Embrace planning for and teaching a diverse classroom of students with a wide variety of learning styles, needs and behaviors;
- Follow the school’s policies and procedures for student conduct, discipline, and social-emotional development;
- Form meaningful relationships with families and involve parents in their children’s education.
- Skills and Qualifications
- English Language Acquisition (ELA) Endorsement preferred
- Must have prior successful teaching experience in an urban setting
- Must have a Colorado State license or a BA and a passing score on the Praxis or PLACE exam in relevant subject area(s), including an art endorsement.
- 24 college credit hours in art
- Salary and benefits
- Salary is based on experience
- $50 health & wellness incentive each month
SOAR is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This position will begin August 8, 2018.
How to ApplyPlease follow the link to apply: http://soarschools.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a24q9oofg4q1
278 total views, 1 today