Teacher Physics Teacher
Who are we?
The CUBE is a high school opening in August 2019 serving an intentionally diverse student body. We will open with a ninth grade and build out, one grade per year, to a full 9-12 high school. We teach most of our courses as topic-based, six-week, co-taught, interdisciplinary classes. Our innovative teaching method prepares learners to achieve at the highest academic levels, while also learning to think deeply, solve challenges, and practice creativity with compassion and empathy. When students graduate from our school, they not only have a solid foundation of knowledge, they also have the hands-on skills and the ability to convey their learning that will allow them to excel in their future.
The success of this model depends on passionate teachers who love working with kids. We aim to teach knowledge and passion, skills and character. And that means that we, as a staff, are knowledgable, passionate, skilled, and character-driven. It means that we love the subject we teach, and it means we love integrating it into the fabric of other content areas as well. It means we look for the biology in pizza-making, the physics in mountain biking, and the literary references in TV shows. Our staff members continually ask themselves the question, “what’s best for kids?”
Please visit https://www.thecubeschool.org/join-our-team to apply.
What are we looking for?
The CUBE is looking for a Physics teacher to provide instruction within a collaborative, interdisciplinary structure where students explore hands-on, relevant, and project based learning. Using NGSS science standards and deep knowledge of current news, the Physics teacher facilitates student learning through investigation and exploration of the following concepts: motion and forces, conservation of energy and momentum, heat and thermodynamics, waves, and electric and magnetic phenomena. The CUBE Physics teacher collaborates with other content teachers to guide students in creating innovative projects, producing topic-related research and writing, and presenting public expositions of learning.
Desired Mindsets & Habits
- Driven by a burning desire to see all students succeed
- Collaborates openly and honestly, embracing other’s ideas
- Encourages a culture of mutual respect
- Self-reflective and exemplifies a growth mindset
- Self-directed agent of his/her own learning
- Embraces risk, fails forward, and pivots to capitalize on opportunities
- Encourages and embraces productive conflict
The CUBE’s Physics teacher…
- Exhibits knowledge of student cognitive development and various learning modalities
- Implements the four CUBE Design Principles (equity, relevance, contextuality, collaboration)
- Communicates effectively with students and families about classroom activities and student progress
- Demonstrates content expertise, including through the Next Generation Science Standards
- Sets a high academic and project bar, both for teacher and student
- Identifies and supports students’ social, emotional, and behavioral learning needs.
- Implements effective Project-Based Learning techniques and strategies
- Provides timely feedback and collaborates with faculty to offer specialized support
- Fosters student growth and proficiency through effective assessments
- Scaffolds instructional activities that facilitate engaging and appropriate learning opportunities
- Differentiates instruction based on feedback, needs, and learning levels
- Implements backward design to align all lessons, activities, and assessments
- Designs effective formal and informal assessments that measure student progress
How to ApplyPlease visit https://www.thecubeschool.org/join-our-team to apply.
722 total views, 5 today