Principal or Vice Principal PK-8 Assistant Principal
Job Title: PK-8 Assistant Principal
Classification: FT/Salary Exempt
Reports To: Lincoln Academy PK-8 Principal
Salary Range: $82,000 – $98,000
Mission: Our mission is to help students attain their highest social and academic potential through an academically rigorous, content-rich education in a safe, orderly, and caring environment.
Vision: Our vision is to prepare all students for their future endeavors by providing a comprehensive Core Knowledge Education.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The PK-8 Assistant Principal will assist the PK-8 Principal in committing to aligning all goals and daily activities with the mission and vision of the school. The PK-8 Assistant Principal demonstrates high moral character and is an advocate of school choice, has a passion for PK-8 education, demonstrates a commitment to serving children, and is an excellent communicator to all stakeholders. They will work with honesty, integrity, and positive energy. They will also inspire others as they demonstrate an ability to trust and empower the staff.
Strategic Planning and Leadership:
- Partner with the school administrative team to ensure collective responsibility for building a unity of purpose, supporting a common vision, and creating a positive organizational culture.
- Promote and encourage the success of every student by collaborating with staff and community members, responding to diverse community interests and needs, and mobilizing community resources.
- Support a vertically and horizontally aligned PK-8 Core Knowledge program in every content area.
- Implement and monitor school-wide behavioral expectations and policies including monitoring attendance trends and overseeing truancy interventions; address safety and welfare issues by holding meetings with parents, investigating incidents, documenting findings, contacting proper authorities, and conforming to legal requirements and regulations.
- Support the PK-8 implementation of Core Knowledge Curriculum.
- Ensure the academic integrity and success of the school.
- Provide opportunities to further develop the knowledge, skills, ability and talent of teachers and staff.
- Set the intellectual tone of the school.
- Support a high-performing, consistent, data-driven culture with teachers, students, and families to ensure a school-wide focus on student achievement.
- Monitor members of the staff to build their capacity to meet the learning needs of the students.
- Regularly track and report student academic progress.
- Conduct formal and informal evaluations providing feedback for growth.
Climate and Culture:
- Help develop a culture of high expectations and support a cohesive PK-8 staff and student conduct policy.
- Require staff and students to demonstrate consistent values and positive behaviors aligned to the school’s mission and vision.
- Support a school culture and environment that successfully develops the full range of students’ learning capabilities – academic, creative, social-emotional, behavioral, and physical.
- Work closely with the whole staff to establish a positive and achievement-oriented school.
- Demonstrate a commitment to developing great teachers.
- Highly present and visible during school hours.
- Proactively circulate throughout classrooms and hallways during the day to gain valuable context on student behavior and help support positive school culture.
- Build positive relationships with staff and stakeholders and model a unified PK-8 team mentality.
- Colorado Principal License.
- Master’s Degree in a related field and/or advanced degree in education.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in school administration, school leadership, teaching, or related.
- Advanced knowledge of data analysis, curriculum and instruction and special education laws.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced interpersonal relations skills.
- Advanced organizational skills.
- Advanced skills in conflict resolution and problem-solving.
- Ability to be flexible and patient and adjust to changing priorities.
- Ability to effectively motivate and supervise people.
- Ability to promote and follow the Board of Director policies, District policies as well as building department procedures, protocols and guidelines.
- Willingness to contribute to cultural diversity for educational enrichment.
- Medical benefits
- Vision insurance
- Dental Insurance
- PERA retirement benefits
- Paid time off
- Paid sick leave
Lincoln Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not make hiring decisions based on age, race, gender, religion, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our Human Resources Department.