23 Sep 2022
Teacher Pre-K Lead Teacher ($58k-85k)
Who We Seek
We seek teachers and staff who are interested in developing students into outstanding human beings in their academic and personal lives by role modeling our culture of Rigor and Love. We seek teachers and staff who work collaboratively with their teammates, seek feedback, coaching, and mentorship from their admin team and school community. We seek teachers and staff who implement our data-driven curriculum with the tools they’ve gained from experience while they adapt to the needs of their students.
If you are someone who is mission-driven, humble in your reflections about your practice, smart in the ways you approach data, and results-oriented, we’d love to see you apply.
During the 2022-2023 school year, RMP is driving after five big goals:
- Kindergarten through 2nd-grade students will grow, on average, 1.25 years in math and reading. Pre-K students will grow on average 1 year.
- 50% of 3rd to 5th-grade students will read a million words.
- 3rd grade through 5th-grade students taking CMAS will score an average of 45 % on track for the next grade level with 10% scoring exceeding expectations.
- At least 90% of students who start at RMP, stay at RMP.
- Teacher retention will be at least 85%.
Each member of the organization plays a part in achieving these goals. School-based staff members will work towards 2 or 3 metrics that are aligned to both their individual roles AND the Big 5. These metrics vary by position and are subject to change for the 2022-2023 school year.
As a Lead Teacher, you will be held accountable for some of these goals. Learn more about how you’ll drive these goals in the list below.
To ensure all students and schools meet our Big 5 goals, RMP teachers role model a culture of Rigor and Love by using data-driven methods to promote student learning and develop meaningful relationships in the classroom. Through teamwork, collaboration, and feedback, teachers at RMP provide students with a culturally competent classroom setting that leads to more than a year’s worth of growth while maintaining an average daily attendance of 96% and driving student retention each school year. RMP provides teachers with an effective curriculum, which they’re able to implement with the unique tools they’ve gained throughout their careers.
In this role, you will:
- Use our high-quality curriculum and data systems to drive outstanding scholar growth and proficiency while proactively collecting data on student performance
- Consistently collect, enter, and analyze academic data to provide targeted instruction and interventions that promote a culture of learning
- Build a strong classroom culture where scholars can learn, grow and thrive through predictable routines, structures, proactive and restorative practices
- Cultivate a strong, healthy working environment for co-workers that is focused on kids-first
- Work collaboratively and communicate regularly with teammates, parents, and administrators
- Regularly attend professional development sessions meant to provide direct feedback and coaching to help grow you in your instructional practice
- Thoroughly plan, prep, and internalize lessons in order to maximize class time and student learning
- Model our PEAK values of Perseverance, Excellence, Adventure, and Kindness
- Demonstrate a hungry, humble, smart, and results-oriented mindset and a “by any means necessary” spirit when it comes to driving our big five goals
- Assist with arrival and dismissal duties, and other school community tasks
- Work and collaborate with Special Education teachers and other school support staff to ensure all students are receiving grade-level appropriate content and academic support
In this role, you will help drive 3 goals:
Please review this chart, find your desired grade level, and review the goals.
- Bachelor’s and/or master’s degree (any subject)
- Pass a background check
- Demonstrate eligibility to work in the United States
Must possess one or more of the following:
- Degree in Early Childhood Education (associate’s, bachelor’s, or master’s)
- Teaching License with Early Childhood Education (ECE) Endorsement
- Meets Level 3 certification for ECE in the PDIS portal
- NOTE: Pre-K teachers are also required to have their TRAILS background check completed and approved by the first day of school.
- Minimum two years of lead teaching experience. (We define lead teachers as the primary teacher in the classroom who was responsible for all academic content.)
- Experience with progress monitoring, data collection and analysis
- This is a full-time, benefits-eligible position with a salary range of $58,000 – $80,000. Years count as full years spent lead teaching in American public K-12 schools and public Pre-K programs.
- Teachers will have the option to apply for additional leadership roles if they wish. These leadership roles come with stipends ranging from $1,000 – $3,000.
- Teachers are also eligible for performance base pay, $1,000 per metric if they meet the data metrics (goals) for their role
Our benefits package includes:
- Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Disability Insurance (RMP covers short-term disability coverage at no cost to the employee. Staff members can also select optional long-term coverage.)
- Life Insurance (optional up to $100k – additional options through PERA)
- Retirement (PERA 401k – RMP does not match contributions at this time)
- Paid-Time-Off (Personal/Sick leave)
Want more information
Please review our Rocky Mountain Prep Frequently Asked Questions to learn more about our program!
Demonstrate eligibility to work in the United States
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Rocky Mountain Prep does not sponsor visas at this time.
RMP is an equal opportunity employer. We seek applicants of diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to color, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to Apply
Are you ready to teach Pre-K with Rocky Mountain Prep? APPLY HERE!
If you have any questions, please email our Talent Recruiter Sean Spencer at email@example.com.
We appreciate your interest in Rocky Mountain Prep and look forward to getting to know you!