Principal or Vice Principal Principal (Academics)
Join our team of pioneers as we chart the next phase of public education reform. Our work in Lawrence takes place in a setting small enough to demonstrate innovative, attainable solutions but large enough to be highly relevant to hundreds of communities across the country that struggle with successfully educating second language learners.
The Principal (Academics) will be an instructional leader of Community Day Arlington Elementary School. The Principal will oversee the implementation of the academic model and will work alongside a Co-Principal (Operations & Culture) who will oversee the day-to-day operations of the school. The Principal (Academics) will work alongside TCG management in collaboration with the Superintendent and LPS central office.
– Establish a data-driven and achievement-oriented school culture;
– Provide leadership to all members of the school’s community to achieve outstanding performance;
– Drive student achievement and achieve the annual academic goals;
– Manage staff effectively;
– Effectively supervise the Deans of Curriculum and Instruction and teaching teams;
– Maintain a school-wide technology plan that effectively implements significant technology resources to differentiate instruction and support academic enrichment for all students;
– Serve as contact person for all students and families;
– Hold teachers accountable for meeting high standards for student academic and behavioral performance;
– Effectively recruit, interview, hire, evaluate, and develop staff;
– Maintain communication and relations with parents, ensuring families are kept involved with and held accountable for their children’s academic and behavioral performance;
– Communicate regularly with families regarding student performance and academic achievement;
– Oversee students’ academic and behavioral program, as well as assessment and accountability plans;
– Establish and maintain a college-going culture;
– Foster consistency in academic and behavioral expectations in and out of class;
– Lead family orientation meetings at start of school year;
– Lead new and returning staff orientation; and
– Build an effective, efficient, action-oriented, and highly accountable data analysis and action planning process that ensures individual student and whole-class deficiencies are overcome after each interim assessment cycle.
– A passionate belief in CDAES’ mission, values, and educational model;
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including strong public speaking skills;
– A drive to set and achieve ambitious, challenging, and tangible goals;
– A willingness to pursue continuous improvement and refinement as well as success;
– An ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and a capacity to remain calm and focused when faced with unexpected challenges;
– An ability to lead by example and offer a strong, accessible presence;
– Three years teaching experience (2+ years of school leadership experience strongly preferred);
– A track record of success leading in a diverse environment;
– Demonstrated leadership qualities, personal characteristics, and interpersonal skills necessary for working effectively with students, teachers, administrators, and parents;
– Demonstrated skills in creative problem solving;
– Experience supervising and/or evaluating staff; and
– Master’s degree and possession of a valid School Principal License or enrollment in a principal certification program.
We offer a competitive compensation package and comprehensive health benefits.
CDCPS/TCG/CDAES is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or qualified job applicants on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other status or condition protected by applicable law. This policy extends to, but is not limited to, recruitment, selection, compensation, benefits, promotion, training and termination.
How to ApplyTo apply email your resume and cover letter to: Tarah Mohika Director of Recruitment and Resource Management email@example.com
413 total views, 1 today