||Montrose School District Re1J
||Building Level Administrator
- Date Posted:
Cottonwood Elementary School
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Position Title: Elementary Principal
Site: Cottonwood Elementary School
Direct Supervisor: Superintendent
Contracted Length Term: Principal – Elementary – 200 Days
Salary: A competitive salary commensurate with education and experience: Elementary Principal Salary Schedule-$89,932-$112,637)
Cell phone allowance
Paid professional development
Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plan
Comprehensive District Wellness plan including paid mental health visits, passes to area businesses and access to wellness platform
July 19, 2023
Nestled within Colorado’s gorgeous Western Slope, the towns of Montrose and Olathe are surrounded by an endless variety of prospects for exploration and adventure (Black Canyon National Park, Telluride and the San Juan Mountains to the South, along with rivers, lakes and streams). MCSD is one of the largest rural school districts in Colorado with a great focus on STEM including the arts. Which means we are small enough to be neighborly, but still big enough to continue growing (with short commutes to school and work).Benefits
At MCSD, we care about our employees and their loved ones. Our benefits package consist of the following items: a variety of health insurance plans with employer contribution, including dental and vision insurance, Telehealth, a $50,000 life insurance policy with optional additional coverage, PERA retirement contribution, supplemental insurance options including pet insurance, no match tax shelter account options including 401K, 457(b), 403 (b) and Roth, before tax deductions and flexible spending options, paid leave options and holidays based upon the position, Employee Assistance Program (EAP).Added perks: Great people to work with, professional development and advancement opportunities, and multiple wellness programs and incentives.
Summary of Position
Montrose County School District RE-1J is looking for a motivated, collaborative elementary principal. We are looking for a principal to lead us to that next level through innovation, systems improvement, and high expectations for all. This leader should be able to communicate to the community and the school district, as well as to partner with other district schools. The ideal principal candidate is able to collect and analyze data and make action plans based on that data. The candidate will be able to implement practices that supports improvement plans and require all staff to maintain those changes as well. Additionally, the leader will be expected to communicate a positive vision, and address critics early in the process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning, development, organization, coordination, and supervision of instructional programs and activities, which includes curriculum development, program and activity development, and design and delivery processes, and in the development of implementation strategies.
- Work with the community, parents, and students in many activities, including volunteer involved parents and an active Parent Advisory Committee.
- Perform need assessments, feasibility planning, and a variety of other research and development functions and activities as assigned.
- Advise, counsel, and assist instructional, support, and ancillary personnel in problem solving activities pertaining to student behavior management, shaping, and control problems, and in the determination of alternative problem solutions.
- Review, inspect, audit, and evaluate student attendance processes and procedures, and as necessary recommends revisions to the process to ensure an effective and efficient operational mode.
- May register and place students in classes in accordance with individual student instructional needs.
- May perform a variety of guidance related activities, including educational and social counseling and the conduct of standard and criterion referenced placement aptitude tests.
- May assist in the planning, organization, and coordination of an instructional support program, including pupil services, instructional materials development, storage, and retrieval systems.
- Assist in the planning, organization, and conduct of student government activity programs.
- Serve as a liaison to safety and youth service agencies in resolving student management and control problems and student attendance and welfare problems.
- Review, audit, and evaluate instructional and non-instructional personnel performance and provides technical performance evaluation input.
- May assist in the planning, development, and organization of District and site advisory committees and groups.
- Assist in development and implementation of staff motivational strategies.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Education must commensurate CDE’s licensure requirements.
- Hold a valid Type D Colorado Principal’s license or the equivalent from another state, upon hire.
- Possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator’s License.
- Three years of successful principal experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with diverse student populations
- Excellent written and oral skills.
The physical requirements indicated below are examples of the physical aspects that this position classification must perform in carrying out essential job functions.
- Persons performing service in this position classification will exert 5 to 75 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- This type of work involves operating a vehicle, sitting, walking, and/or standing.
- Exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions caused by weather may occasionally be experienced.
- Perceiving the nature of sound, near and far vision, depth perception, providing oral information, the manual dexterity to operate business related equipment, and handle and work with various materials and objects are important aspects of this job.
- CBI/FBI background clearance and a clean driving record.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
Condition of Employment: Insurability by the District’s liability insurance carrier.