Principal or Vice Principal Principal – Manual High School
Lead Denver’s Manual High School: Join our diverse, inspired and committed team!
Manual High School seeks a leader who is a catalyst for change and reform for all students. A trailblazer who inspires teachers, students, and the leadership team to close the opportunity gap and prepare students for college, career and life. A builder who is committed to creating positive relationships with the community, families and students. In order to effectively lead Manual High School, an early college with innovation status, the principal will:
– Maximize distributive leadership;
– Demonstrate previous success in improving student achievement;
– Exhibit perseverance in their career;
– Motivate others to reach their potential;
– Thrive in a diverse environment;
– Focus on character and culture.
MANUAL HIGH SCHOOL
Traditional 233 work days
School year: 2018-2019
Start date: January 2019
Essential Functions and Objectives:
The Principal is responsible for academic excellence and personal growth of every student, through leadership of an elementary or secondary facility. Organizes school operations around improvement of instruction by maintaining a safe and orderly environment, upholding state laws, contracts and District Policies. Manages personnel, maintains facility to provide a quality learning environment, efficiently manages financial and facility resources, establishes effective public relationships, and coordinates effective instructional programs with a master schedule.
The DPS School Leadership Framework details the expectations required for all of our school leaders. The framework and the behaviors associated with each indicator are available at www.leadindenver.com. Successful applicants will demonstrate the key leadership traits embedded within our framework:
– Evidence of the DPS Shared Values in interactions in the school, district, and community
– Strategic problem-solving and project management
– Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to connect and communicate with parents and the community
– Capability to build solid relationships
– Self-reflection and continuous professional growth
– Solid ethical commitment to this work
Knowledge, Experience, & Other Qualifications:
– Must possess a valid Colorado Principal/Administrator license.
– A minimum of five (5) years of actual instructional/classroom experience as an educator.
– Experience in serving at-risk students and the needs of second language learners required. Bilingual skills in Spanish preferred.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Tom Boasberg and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
How to ApplyIn order to apply for this position and be considered for this role, you must first apply and screen into the Highly Qualified Principal Pool (Apply here: http://tinyurl.com/yapovn28). If you have not completed this process your application will automatically be screened out when you apply.
218 total views, 8 today