14 Jul 2022
Teacher RMP Teaching Fellowship (July 2022)
For the 2022-2023 school year, Rocky Mountain Prep has increased its salary for Fellows.
This is a full-time, benefits-eligible position with a salary of $52,000.
Who We Seek
We seek teachers and staff who are interested in developing students into outstanding human beings in their academic and personal lives by role modeling our culture of Rigor and Love. We seek teachers and staff who work collaboratively with their teammates, seek feedback, coaching, and mentorship from their admin team and school community. We seek teachers and staff who implement our data-driven curriculum with the tools they’ve gained from experience while they adapt to the needs of their students.
If you are someone who is mission-driven, humble in your reflections about your practice, smart in the ways you approach data and results-oriented, we’d love to see you apply.
During the 2021-2022 school year, RMP is driving after five big goals:
- Kindergarten through 2nd-grade students will grow, on average, 1.25 years in math and reading. Pre-K students will grow on average 1 year.
- 50% of 3rd to 5th grade students will read a million words.
- 3rd grade through 5th grade students taking CMAS will score an average of 45 % on track for the next grade level with 10% scoring exceeds expectations.
- At least 90% of students who start at RMP, stay at RMP.
- Teacher retention will be at least 85%.
Each member of the organization plays a part in achieving these goals. School-based staff members will work towards 2 or 3 metrics that are aligned to both their individual roles AND the Big 5. These metrics vary by position and are subject to change for the 2022-2023 school year. As a Teaching Fellow, you will share the same goals as your lead teacher advisor.
The RMP teaching fellowship provides a Master’s in Education program at the Relay Graduate School of Education and on-the-job experience and training leading to Colorado teacher certification.
In this role, you will…
- Invest time and energy in the Master’s program at Relay GSE to deeply internalize the course material
- Collaborate with your lead teacher to create a strong classroom culture where scholars can learn, grow and thrive through predictable routines, structures, proactive and restorative practices
- Support a culture of rigor and love with your co-workers and with our scholars
- Use our high-quality curriculum and data systems to drive outstanding scholar growth and proficiency
- Regularly attend professional development sessions meant to provide direct feedback and coaching to help grow you in your instructional practice
- Model our PEAK values of Perseverance, Excellence, Adventure, and Kindness
- Demonstrate a hungry, humble, smart, and results-oriented mindset and a “by any means necessary” spirit when it comes to driving our big five goals
- Assist with arrival and dismissal duties, and other school community tasks
- Perform other duties, as required
- Bachelor’s degree (any subject)
- Be able to provide an official transcript demonstrating graduation from an undergraduate institution with at least a 2.75 GPA by July 2022
- Be able to take and pass the Praxis 5001 exam (Elementary Praxis 5001)
- Pass a background check
- Demonstrate eligibility to work in the United States
- Demonstrate a track record of success in your college experience or previous career
- All fellows make $52,000 their first year
- Salary increases will come in the second year and will depend on whether you take an Associate Teacher or Lead Teacher position.
- Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Disability Insurance (RMP covers short-term disability coverage at no cost to the employee. Staff members can also select optional long-term coverage.)
- Life Insurance (optional up to $100k – additional options through PERA)
- Retirement (PERA 401k – RMP does not match contributions at this time)
- Paid-Time-Off (Personal/Sick leave)
- $500 wellness benefit
Want more information
1. Review our Rocky Mountain Prep Frequently Asked Questions to learn more about our program!
2. Review our Fellowship FAQs to learn more about the RMP Teaching Fellowship!
Demonstrate eligibility to work in the United States
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Rocky Mountain Prep does not sponsor visas at this time.
RMP is an equal opportunity employer. We seek applicants of diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to color, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The City & County of Denver recently issued a vaccine mandate for public employees. This mandate applies to charter schools. Please be aware that all Rocky Mountain Prep staff members are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination. There is a process for requesting an exemption to this mandate but we cannot guarantee that a request for exemption will be approved.
How to Apply
If you have any questions, please email our Talent Recruiter, Sean Spencer at email@example.com.
Thank you so much for considering Rocky Mountain Prep for the next stage in your teaching career.
If you're ready to apply to the Fellowship, click here!