Instructional Support School Designer/Professional Development Specialist
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
EL Education is a leading K-12 education non-profit that is meeting the national challenge to raise student achievement. Combining challenging work with the joy of discovery and pride in mastery, EL offers the education we would want for every child: one that prepares citizens with both the skills and the character necessary for success throughout college, work and life.
Our portfolio of instructional materials and coaching services draws on 20+ years of success in more than 160 EL schools, serving 4,000 teachers and 53,000 students in 31 states and Washington D.C. Based on founding principles of meaningful work, character and respect for teachers, EL Education’s offerings transform teaching and learning to promote habits of scholarship and character that lead to high student achievement, regardless of student background. In addition to success on standardized tests, EL Education students demonstrate critical thinking, intellectual courage and emotional resilience; they possess the passion and the capacity to contribute to a better world. For more information, visit http://eleducation.org/
ABOUT THE POSITION
The School Designer/PD Specialist collaborates with school and district partners to lead strategic school improvement to transform student achievement through implementation of the EL Core Practices and EL Education’s design principles. This position also includes strategic and tactical support to districts and schools in implementing EL Education’s K-8 Common Core literacy curriculum and instructional practices. The School Designer/PD Specialist works in four to eight schools and two to four districts, collaborating with a team of EL Education coaches and regional leadership.
The School Designer/PD Specialist position is an ideal opportunity for someone to play an active role in a growing and dynamic organization that is committed to helping students across the U.S. attain high levels of academic achievement in essential knowledge and skills, high quality work and character. Specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
School-based Professional Development and Leadership Support
- Working with school leaders and teachers to identify their needs and assets and develop strategic plans to reach organizational goals through implementation of EL Education
- Assisting teachers and leaders in organizing high quality curriculum aligned to standards and EL Core Practices
- Coaching for implementation of active and engaging instructional practices that promote equity and high expectations
- Establishing practices that build school culture and foster character development
- Guiding school leadership in developing systems and structures to support sustained implementation
- Designing strategic and customized professional development and coaching cycles to support the work and build leadership capacity District-level Professional Development
- Providing strategic planning support to district and charter leaders in collaboration with the leadership team
- Designing and leading high-quality, engaging professional development, in collaboration with internal team members, that supports educators in:
- Leadership development
- Implementation of EL’s Common Core literacy curriculum and Common Core aligned instructional and assessment strategies
- Student-engaged assessment
- Supporting the development and dissemination of EL professional development aligned to the Common Core and other best practices in multiple formats:
- Face-to-face professional institutes agenda development and facilitation
- Virtual/blended professional development agenda development and facilitation
- Co-creating agendas, supporting materials, videos, webinars, etc. to memorialize and standardize the professional development sequences related to our clients
- Other responsibilities to be assigned as needed
School Designer/PD Specialist believe deeply in EL Education’s mission and display a record of achievement.
A successful candidate will have:
- A master’s degree in education, leadership or a related field
- Required minimum 5 years classroom teaching experience, preferably in EL Education or similar schools in an urban setting
- Significant experience in school and/or district leadership with an emphasis on school reform and organizational change
- Remarkable leadership qualities, national caliber presentation, facilitation, and organizational skills, and personal characteristics to work effectively with educators of all backgrounds
- Proven experience and deep craft in the development and delivery of professional development
- Strong background in reading and writing across the curriculum, data-driven planning and project-based learning
- Self-directed and proactive in coming to solutions for complex organizational and conceptual challenges
- Exceptional organizational skills, with an ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
- Experience with or enthusiasm for working with virtual teams across different geographical sites
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with a record of high performance in a variety of roles on teams
- Willingness to travel up to 40% and work flexible hours (e.g. ability to work and travel some weekends with comp days in return)
- Residence in (or willingness to move to) the Denver area.
- ANTI-DISCRIMINATION POLICY AND COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITYEL Education provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees and prohibits discrimination with respect to the hiring or promotion of individuals, conditions of employment, disciplinary and discharge practices, or any other aspect of employment on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, disability, or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
- EL Education seeks individuals of all backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization and want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort.
- No phone calls please. EL will respond only to finalist candidates.
Competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
- In order for EL to accurately review your application, please apply on our website and supply your cover letter and resume in Word or PDF format. In your cover letter, identify the position and region(s) you are applying for and how you heard of the job opening and EL Education.
388 total views, 1 today