Instructional Support School Support Specialist
Job Title: School Support Specialist
Reports to: Director of Academic Services
Organization: The Colorado League of Charter Schools has 15 staff members, a statewide membership of 250 schools with over 115,000 students, a distinguished 24-year history, a prominent 13 member board of directors, and a strong fiscal position. The League’s mission is to improve student achievement by supporting Colorado’s charter public schools, positively reshaping the public school landscape, and advancing opportunities for innovation and expanded high-quality public school choice. The League’s vision is for all Colorado students to have access to high-quality, publicly-funded school options. The League’s expectation is that all employees of the organization will champion its mission and vision with passion and dedication.
Position Summary: The School Support Specialist will provide member schools with services focused on increasing quality of instruction and overall student performance. The Specialist will actively engage with charter schools through on-site support and regional professional development to ensure the delivery of impactful educational opportunities grounded in data-driven continuous improvement practices. No matter the school design, the commitment to quality, best practices and compliance with the intent of federal and state laws will be at the forefront. The best candidates will have instructional expertise combined with experience in student accountability, data analysis, individualized or scaffolded student supports, and programming for special student populations such as English Language Learners and gifted and talented students.
Essential Job Duties:
- Support the Academic Service team’s efforts by collaborating to deliver training content directly and/or work with outside consultants to provide services.
- Track and evaluate all service offerings to ensure they are in demand, impactful, sustainable, and relevant to the League’s strategic goals as well as the Academic Services team goals.
- Support the development of communication plans to market Academic and School Support Services as signature League member benefits and be prepared to promote these offerings.
- Participate actively in the activities required to ensure that the Academic Service team revenue targets are met.
- Seek, recommend and pursue funding opportunities to support the League’s service efforts such as business partner relations and grant funded projects.
- Manage, coordinate and/or deliver both regional training opportunities and customized on-site support as directed by the Director of Academic Services in the following areas:
- Teaching and Learning – Develop and provide high quality learning opportunities for teachers and instructional leaders focused on continuous improvement. Work with internal experts and external contractors to provide engaging content in the areas of need including but not limited to Accountability, Academics and Instruction.
- Performance & Accountability – Develop and provide useful tools and/or technical assistance for charter school staff that focus on creating school UIPs, utilizing data to inform instruction, evaluating results of formative/summative assessments.
- Special Student Populations – Develop and provide guidance and technical support for school leaders and student service staff relevant to special education, gifted and talented, second language learners, and/or other special populations of students.
- Participate in ongoing trainings pertaining to student performance, accountability and special student populations to stay current on state and local guidance, compliance requirements and regulations.
- Work with the New School Development team to ensure new schools and developing groups have a strong performance management practice plan in place for their charter application, CCSP grant application and throughout their first years of operation.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Commitment to the charter school sector and the mission and vision of the League.
- Three or more years of experience in an instructional leadership role.
- Familiarity with performance and accountability systems and processes including but not limited to: student information systems (e.g., Infinite Campus/PowerSchool), interim benchmark assessments (e.g., NWEA MAP) and data warehouses (e.g., Alpine Achievement, Illuminate).
- Experience developing School Unified Improvement Plans including data analysis, root cause determination, writing and communicating goals and objectives to a variety of stakeholders.
- Experience meeting compliance requirements related to special student populations including special education, gifted and talented, second language learners.
- Demonstrated commitment to and track record of supporting high quality learning opportunities.
- Ability to independently lead, manage and accept responsibility for a variety of complex organizational functions.
- Management experience and demonstrated ability to lead a team.
- Demonstrated public speaking skills before a variety of audiences.
- Skills in effective oral and written communication of complex assessment/accountability concepts and results to various audiences (large or small), ranging from policymakers to parents.
- Ability to use technology tools and products effectively to achieve the goals of the team.
- Familiarity with Colorado education policy and law is helpful.
The position will be paid competitively including a full-time salary, the opportunity to earn a performance bonus, generous paid time off, and attractive health, retirement and life insurance benefits.
How to ApplyHow to Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume and a list of five references to Teresa Tate, VP of School Services, at email@example.com with a subject line that reads: School Support Specialist. Applications are requested by February 2, 2018. The position will be filled as soon as a highly qualified candidate can be identified. The League is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, equity and inclusion and does not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age or sexual orientation.
237 total views, 1 today