Teacher Secondary Language Arts Teacher
Secondary Language Arts Teacher
Salary: $36,100 to $47,100 depending on education and experience
For more information contact, Elizabeth Bauer, High School Principal, 970-724-3425 or email@example.com
The West Grand High School is seeking a dynamic individual who is enthusiastic about working in a small, rural community. The candidate must have strong classroom management skills and be able to relate to all students. Candidates must hold a Colorado Teacher’s License with an Endorsement in Secondary Language Arts. A Master’s Degree is preferred but not required. Candidates must be flexible and eager to work with a progressive, energetic school team.
Responsible for instructing others about the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar. Assigns books and essays for students to read and teaches them how to identify themes, points of view, and other characteristics.
- Instruct students on interpreting literature.
- Assign books to read, including classics and contemporary novels.
- Help students interpret literature and poetry.
- Provide background on authors’ life and works.
- Teach students about the structure and content of the English language, including proper grammar, spelling, and sentence structure.
- Teach about different literary styles.
- Create instructional resources for use in the classroom.
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities.
- Create positive educational climate for students to learn in.
- Meet course and school-wide student performance goals.
- Participate in ongoing training sessions.
- Create lesson plans and modify accordingly throughout the year.
- Create projects designed to enhance lectures.
- Read and stay abreast of current topics in education.
- Integrate competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson plans.
- Utilize curricula that reflect the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the students served.
- Develop incentives to keep participants in class.
West Grand High School houses approximately 140 students 9th-12th grades. The West Grand School District is on a 4-day week schedule of Monday – Thursday. The schools are located in Kremmling, Colorado, a small rural town of 2,000 people. Kremmling is nestled in the heart of the Rocky Mountains only 90 miles northwest of Denver. We are often referred to as “The Sportsman’s Paradise” with 5 ski areas within 45 miles away, 3 large lakes within 17 miles, hunting, camping, snowmobiling, hiking and many more outdoor activities. Our town also hosts a hospital which serves the entire Grand County. Please log onto the Kremmling Chamber of Commerce at www.kremmlingchamber.com for more information about our town.
West Grand School District #1-Jt. is an Equal Opportunity Employer