Teacher Secondary Spanish Teacher
The Gilpin County School District RE-1 seeks a Secondary Spanish Teacher for Gilpin County High School for the 2021/2022 school year. Gilpin County Schools are on a 4-day a week schedule, Monday through Thursday. This position begins on January 3, 2022.
The successful candidate will have the following skills
- Successful experience as a teacher at the secondary school level with background in curriculum alignment, standards-based instructional practices, and the ability to facilitate data-driven instruction.
- Common Core/Colorado Academic Standards Content knowledge expertise in secondary Spanish. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment using good communication skills with students, staff and the school community.
- Use research-based instructional strategies and incorporate technology when teaching.
- Ability to ensure student academic success through the MTSS process.
- Participate in faculty professional development learning.
- Colorado Teaching License with Secondary Spanish endorsement.
- Licensed endorsement in the content area, passed the PLACE or Praxis test in the content area, and/or have 24 semester credits in the content area.
- One to 3 years of relevant teaching experience.
- Colorado Substitute Teacher License.
- Professional Working Proficiency of Spanish language.
- Alternative Teacher Licensure Candidates will be considered.
To create a flexible program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth; to establish effective rapport with pupils; to motivate pupils to develop skills, attitudes, and knowledge needed to provide a good educational background in accordance with each pupil’s ability; to establish good relationships with parents and other staff members.
- Plans a program of study that is appropriate to the maturity and interest of students and meets their individual needs and abilities.
- Creates a positive classroom environment which upholds and enforces the school rules and is conducive to learning.
- The teacher will guide the learning process to increase student achievement in accordance with the curriculum and consistent with state and local standards.
- Employs instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting stated objectives.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required in a timely and confidential manner.
- Work with other professionals to determine special learning needs of pupils on a regular basis, seeking the assistance of specialists as required.
- Collaborates with colleagues, students, and/or parents on an ongoing basis concerning student academic and behavioral progress.
- The school professional adheres to the Board of Education policies, state rules, and regulations, and to licensure standards.
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence and serves on staff committees as required.
How to ApplyApplication Process:
- Complete Application For Employment at www.gilpin.k12.co.us
- A complete application packet includes: district application, cover letter, resume, transcripts, and three letters of recommendation dated within the last year.
- Application review is ongoing and the position will be open until filled.
- Need assistance? Contract Catrina Amaya firstname.lastname@example.org