Operations / Administration Site Director
SCHOLARS UNLIMITED is a nonprofit organization that provides high quality, comprehensive after school and summer learning programs to elementary school children in the Denver metro area. Our mission is to support low-income, academically struggling young learners by providing rigorous literacy instruction and enrichment in order to help students achieve measurable success and to inspire life-long learning.
Scholars Unlimited is currently looking for two Site Directors for two school-based sites; one for SW Denver and the other for Westminster. Site Directors lead the staff in positive student interactions, while coordinating the overall site-based program. We are looking for someone with the ability to build relationships with the community, school, parents, students and other staff. The Site Directors should also have excellent programming and supervision skills.
Site Directors work 20 hours a week (4 hours a day, Monday – Friday). General hours are 2:00 PM – 6:00 PM. Compensation is $16.00 an hour. Training is provided and is paid. The after school programs have started and will be done May 8th, 2020. The summer program will start on June 8th, 2020.
Job Responsibilities: Coordinate Scholars Unlimited’s school site-based extended learning tutoring, enrichment programs at public elementary schools including:
- Overall program coordination and supervision
- Oversee student activity planning ans scheduling
- Student behavior and safety management
- Child care compliance
- Staff support and supervision
- Occasional substituting for scholars Unlimited staff
- Liaison between Scholars Unlimited and the school
- Coordination of space, materials and equipment
- committed to keeping the integrity of program design
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience:
- Program coordination skills, including the ability to plan, specify tasks, supervise staff, problem solve and implement activities
- Knowledge, experience and expertise in youth development, behavior management, enrichment programs, tutoring
- Communication skills, including written, verbal and strong interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain records
- Ability to follow protocol and adhere to program and external procedures
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, with minimal supervision
- Ability to work with diverse populations and experience in working with children
- Ability to be qualified as a child care program director, which includes educational experience/degree with an emphasis in education; child development; and/or recreation.
- BA or BS degree preferred