Operations / Administration Superintendent – Albuquerque Public Schools, NM
The Albuquerque Public Schools, Albuquerque, New Mexico, Board of Education, is seeking a highly qualified and licensed Superintendent. The Board wishes to have the successful candidate assume the responsibilities of the position no later than July 1, 2024.
McPherson & Jacobson, L.L.C., Executive Recruitment and Development has been engaged as the consultant in a search for outstanding candidates. They will assist the governing board in identifying and screening the candidates.
Location: Albuquerque, NM
The candidate must have the background, skills, and abilities essential for leading a large and diverse school district. The board recognizes that selecting a superintendent is one of the most important decisions it will make.
The Board of Education seeks a visionary Superintendent who:
- Believes that every child can learn and is committed to equity and anti-racism
- Is a data-driven change agent with a demonstrated track record of prioritizing the needs of students and significantly improving student outcomes
- Shows respect for New Mexico culture and the district’s workforce, and inspires respect from others
- Demonstrates effective communication skills and is a collaborative team-builder
- Is goal oriented and committed to implementing the Board’s goals, guardrails, and the APS Strategic Plan
- Understands and advocates for requirements of the New Mexico Martinez/Yazzie Consolidated Lawsuit
- Bilingual preferred
- Candidate must possess or be eligible for appropriate New Mexico licensure
Primary Location New Mexico
Salary Range $245,000 – $325,000 subject to negotiation
Shift Type Full Time
- Closing date for applications: December 12, 2023 (11:59 p.m. central time)
- Board of Education selects candidates to interview: January 8, 2024
- Interviews with the Board of Education: TBD
- Selection of new Superintendent: TBA
- Start date: As mutually agreed upon – no later than July 1, 2024