Operations / Administration Superintendent – Norwood Public Schools, CO
Norwood Public Schools
Apply to www.macnjake.com
The Norwood Public Schools Board of Education is seeking a highly qualified, fully certified, educational leader to serve as Superintendent. The Board wishes to have the successful candidate assume the responsibilities of the position, July 1, 2024.
McPherson & Jacobson, L.L.C., Executive Recruitment and Development, in collaboration with the Colorado Association of School Boards, has been engaged as the consultant in a search for outstanding candidates. They will assist the Board of Education in identifying and screening the candidates.
Enrollment: 193 students
Location: 125 miles south of Grand Junction and 30 miles west of Telluride
The candidate must have the background, skills, and abilities essential for excellence in educational leadership. The board recognizes that selecting a superintendent is one of the most important decisions it will make. The board has identified the following desired characteristics:
- Leadership: A collaborative leader who works to keep the momentum of the district going with a strategic focus. A team player who seeks to understand the current workings of the district and will work with staff strengths. A leader with site leadership experience. A humble, competent, confident leader who always seeks to understand the people they serve. A leader who sets and models high expectations for themselves as well as promotes and sets high expectations for staff and students. A leader who loves the rural community and is willing to live in the community for the long term.
- Educator: An inspirational leader with classroom experience and prior principal experience. An instructional leader who has an appetite to learn and has a love for children. A leader who will listen to the staff while shaping a curriculum focus. An educator who works toward meeting the needs of all students.
- Communication: A leader who listens to everyone impacted by a decision before deciding. A person who is willing to be the “Face” of the district. A person who wants to be present in the Norwood community. A person who writes, speaks, and reads on a professional level. A person who values the presence of others.
- Innovator: A person who thinks outside of the box. A leader who loves research and will keep what is working and build a system of improvement throughout the district. A leader who treasures diversity as a base for learning.
- The candidate will be required to live within the school district boundaries
- It is preferred that the candidate have a superintendent license or is able/willing to obtain one
Salary Range: $102,000-$115,000 the district covers family health insurance
- Closing Date for Applications: March 18, 2024
- Board of Education Selects Finalists: April 3, 2024
- Candidate Interviews: April 12, 2024
- Selection of New Superintendent: April 13, 2024
- Start Date: July 1, 2024