Operations / Administration Superintendent/Principal
The Arickaree School District, Anton, Colorado, Board of Education, is seeking a highly qualified and fully certified Superintendent/Principal. The Board wishes to have the successful candidate assume the responsibilities of the position July 1, 2023.
McPherson & Jacobson, L.L.C., Executive Recruitment and Development, in association with the Colorado Association of School Boards, has been engaged as the consultant in a search for outstanding candidates. They will assist the board of education in identifying and screening the candidates.
Enrollment: 98 pk-12
Location: 120 miles east of Denver
The candidate must have the background, skills, and abilities essential for excellence in educational leadership. The board recognizes that selecting a superintendent is one of the most important decisions it will make. The board has identified the following desired characteristics:
- Leader – A person who understands and is sensitive to rural schools. A leader who has finance and budget experience. Knowledge of Colorado school finance will be helpful. A competent leader who thrives on transparency. A leader who will empower staff and hold them accountable. A leader willing to live and work in a rural environment. A person who has attention to detail and understands timeliness and correctness. An instructional leader who is focused on student success. A leader who will change course of direction when needed. Hold people accountable and establish boundaries. A person who can build relationships and use team building processes to solve issues but in turn make the hard decisions. A leader who can build rapport and trust in the community. Someone who can inspire people to do their upmost best.
- Communicator- A visible leader who listens to the community, parents, students and staff. A person who is hands-on, open, approachable, and optimistic. A person who writes and speaks with clarity. A good listener. A humble person who listens to the voice of those they serve. A person whose presence is seen in the classroom, at school activities and in the greater Arickaree community. A person who has the ability to build communication with all aspect of the community.
- Visionary – An innovative, proactive leader with a clear vision for success. A strategic thinker who develops plans and builds an environment for success. A leader who understands and support the social and emotional challenges that students face in today climate Understand the mental health challenges of students and staff. A person who can plan ahead for the future needs the school district. Person who understands and rural life, its strengths and its issues. Plan to recruit and retain staff in a rural school district.
- Educator – A Colorado certified school leader who has previous site-leadership experience. A collaborative team leader who involves all parties impacted by a decision. Places high priority on academic achievement and success of all students. Humble and compassionate educator sensitive the needs of school staff, students, and parents. An educator who is willing to pitch in and is required to engage in all aspects of the needs of the district.
Salary: $90,000-$120,000 based upon experience, with a negotiated benefit package that includes family health, dental and vision, and single life insurance
- Closing date for applications: February 16, 2023 (11:30 p.m. central time)
- Board of Education selects finalists to interview: March 7, 2023
- Interviews with the Board of Education: March 27 and 28, 2023
- Selection of new Superintendent: March 28, 2023
- Start date: July 1, 2023