Marketing and Communications Teacher and Principal Professional Learning Consultant
Teacher and Principal Professional Learning Consultant:
Join McREL International and become part of our rich legacy of making a difference in the quality of education for all, through excellence in applied research, product development, and services. Since 1966, we have a track record of success in the U.S., Canada, the Pacific Region, Australia, and other parts of the world. McREL is committed to being the organization that changes the odds for students and those that work with them. We turn knowledge about what works in education into practical, effective guidance and training for educators and education leaders, sharing the mission of the schools and systems we work with: to help students and staff be successful in identifying and achieving goals.
The Regional Educational Laboratory of the Pacific (REL Pacific) at McREL International in Honolulu and help us improve teaching and learning for all students across the Pacific region. REL Pacific serves education stakeholders in Hawai’i, American Samoa, The Republic of the Marshall Islands, The Republic of Palau, Guam, Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, and The Federated States of Micronesia. We work with principals, teachers, and central office staff to design professional learning systems that work to consistently improve teaching and learning.
This driven professional who will be responsible for designing, developing, and delivering high-quality professional learning services to our stakeholders. You would join a collaborative team, developing research-based professional learning services that are ongoing, job-embedded, and closely connected to practice. This position requires strong collaboration skills, both with internal colleagues and through building and maintaining strong working relationships with Pacific stakeholders.
This position supports McREL’s work in the U.S.-affiliated Pacific region and requires up to 50% travel.
- Brings research and evidence to bear on practice
- Develops and delivers training and coaching focused on professional learning
- Manages relationships with Pacific partners
- Serves as a thought partner with stakeholders, including senior education leaders
- Coordinates the work of teachers, principals and others who are developing professional learning systems that work to improve student outcomes
- Manages projects, and reporting, including budgets
- Masters’ degree or equivalent in social science, statistics, education or related field; Doctorate preferred.
- At least five years of relevant work experience in K-12 education as a teacher, administrator, or leader of professional learning projects for teachers or principals.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience in design and delivery of professional learning for teachers and principals
- Strong presentation skills
- Expertise in implementing research-based practices
- Experience planning, conceptualizing and writing competitive proposals
- Strong Project Management skills
- Ability to build and sustain productive relationships with diverse stakeholders, clients, and funders
We are proud to offer our employees a substantial benefit package including health, dental, vision, life and accident insurance, flexible spending accounts, and an employee assistance program. In addition, we offer a retirement savings plan with a significant employer contribution. We strive to support a work-life balance for our employees with a generous time off policy including vacation, personal time, sick days, and paid holidays.
Applicants must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with McREL International.
McREL International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Veteran, Disabled.
How to ApplyPlease include a cover letter with your resume. Apply at https://mcrel-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.allpositions&company_id=17077&version=1
220 total views, 2 today