This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
31 Mar 2023
Teacher Teacher Elementary Special Education – Eyestone Elementary, Poudre School District
Start date: August 2023
Work calendar days: 188 days
Duration of position: Ongoing
Benefits include: Health insurance, life insurance, PERA retirement, paid time off, short and long term disability, as well as other optional benefit elections.
Pay for this position is determined by the Licensed Educator Salary Schedule based on years of experience and education.
This is a probationary position. However, PSD employees currently under a licensed contract may apply for this position if selected, will retain contract status.
Must have a valid Colorado Educator’s License with appropriate endorsement.
Responsible for instructing academic functional classes to students in Integrated Services/Special Education programs in coordination with current curriculum and within the framework of District and state content standards.
1. Develop, plan, prepare, and implement:
a. Course content, format, structure, and schedule.
b. Classroom materials, activities, and lesson plans.
c. Individualized Education Plan (IEP) goals, objectives, and transition plans.
d. Scheduling of staff and meetings in compliance with IEPs.
2. Instruct students in large, small, and/or one-on-one situations across curriculum to students with a wide range of skills.
3. Organize and facilitate schedules of students and paraprofessionals and assist in the development of master schedule for the Integrated Services department.
4. Assist in the supervision and direction of special education paraprofessionals.
5. Create a classroom environment which maximizes instructional opportunity, supervise the behavior and wellbeing of students in the classroom and all educational settings, and administer discipline when appropriate.
6. Monitor student learning and progress to:
a. Evaluate success of the educational approaches, specialized instruction, supports, and services.
b. Adapt support as needed.
c. Maintain documentation pertinent to academic, social, and emotional progress and needs of students.
7. Communicate students’ progress and needs with parents/guardians and other staff as needed.
a. With teachers, support personnel, administrators, and other special education providers to enhance instruction and improve student outcomes.
b. With outside agencies to promote student success.
c. With colleagues in team and building-based meetings and discussions.
9. Demonstrate a commitment to:
a. Understand, appreciate, and make accommodations for student diversity.
b. Include and engage families in the student’s education
c. Support all Poudre School District policies, procedures, and expectations.
d. Provide personal and professional excellence.
10. Participate in:
a. Department, team, building, IEP/staffing, and district meetings and discussions.
b. Student and/or family conferences and other meetings.
c. Social, cultural, interscholastic, and extracurricular activities.
d. Professional growth opportunities.
11. Attend work and arrive in a timely manner.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, & Licenses Required:
• Bachelor’s degree with proper teaching licensure program required.
• Experience in an educational setting with students with special needs preferred
• Valid Colorado teaching license with appropriate endorsements required.
• Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) required within 3 months of hire.
• CPR and First Aid certifications encouraged.
How to Apply
For full position description and to apply, please visit https://psdschools.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=6437
Questions regarding this posting can be directed to email@example.com