Teacher Teacher Leader
Are you a Montessori leader with an entrepreneurial drive and a thirst for social justice?
An Invitation to Grow Wildflower Schools in
Colorado as a Founding Teacher Leader
Wildflower Schools of Colorado is seeking innovative, equity-minded, entrepreneurial teachers to start and lead small-scale Montessori primary or elementary communities in Colorado. Wildflower Colorado is part of a national network of micro-schools that aim to serve racially and socioeconomically diverse communities with exceptional Montessori education.
The vision and model for the school will be yours to shape within Wildflower’s nine principles. You will have access to financial support, direct guidance from the Wildflower Schools Colorado support team, and will join a local community of fellow Montessori teacher innovators as you spend 6-12 months exploring the possibility of opening your own school in Colorado. Relocation support may also be available for qualified candidates committed to this important work.
We are currently opening micro-Montessori schools in Colorado and are looking for experienced primary and elementary trained Montessori teacher leaders to found and lead schools.
Wildflower schools are very small – typically serving 25-30 students. They are committed to equity, and unite diverse communities of children, families and teachers in a shared pursuit of interconnectedness, justice and peace. Because Wildflower schools blur the boundary between homeschooling and institutional schooling and between education and the rest of life, Wildflower teacher-leaders have extraordinary autonomy to extend the prepared environment in any direction to serve the needs of families, children and educators.
What Will You Do?
- Spend 6-12 months learning about Wildflower, developing plans, and bringing your school to life through our supported School Startup Journey with your co-leader
- Collaborate with 1-2 other teacher-leaders to develop a vision for an authentic Montessori primary or elementary school that serves the diversity of the Denver community
- With the financial and operational support of the local and national Wildflower teams, find and prepare a school site – this generally involves identifying, leasing and renovating shop front space
- Design and create the prepared school environment in alignment with your vision and local early childhood regulations
- Actively market your school to recruit and enroll children and families
What Will You Bring?
- A deep commitment to authentic Montessori (3+ years experience preferred)
- Entrepreneurial leadership
- Commitment to serving diverse and multifaceted communities
- Generosity of spirit
- Willingness to work hard
- A desire to learn and grow
- We welcome candidates fluent in Spanish who can help connect with families that we will serve.
How Do We Help?
Wildflower provides tools and resources (including access to financial support) to prospective teacher leaders to gauge their own alignment with Wildflower’s values, norms and principles, and self-assess their readiness to start and run a Wildflower school.