Teacher Third and Fourth Grade Associate Teacher
Mackintosh Academy Littleton, an International Baccalaureate World School for gifted and creative students, has an opening for a full-time associate teaching position in the third and fourth grade combined classroom. Associate teachers are paired with a veteran lead teacher to support one classroom of third and fourth grade students. Associate teachers partner with the lead teacher to provide instruction, manage the classroom, and assess student work. This is an ideal opportunity to develop your skills as an educator with a supportive and collaborative team.
Mackintosh Academy nurtures the keen minds and compassionate hearts of the gifted child so that they contribute to a world that needs them. Our students love to learn and learn to leave their mark on the world. Please learn more about our unique school at our website http://www.mackintoshacademy.com to see if Mackintosh’s environment may be a place for you to grow in your professional journey and be a contributing member of our educational family.
This position begins in August 2019.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience working with children in a classroom, enrichment, tutoring, or coaching setting
The ability to:
- Support our educational philosophy (see website for information)
- Adjust classroom management and instruction based on classroom or individual student needs
- Understand gifted development, including twice-exceptional students
- Teach/support small math and literacy groups
- Be flexible and adapt to needs of a small school where faculty members work collaboratively and fill various roles
- Perform classroom administrative tasks effectively
- Provide effective and timely feedback/assessment to students
- Recognize and enjoy the unique talents of children
- Provide regular communication about students’ progress to parents and students
- Write and speak effectively
- Fun-loving spirit and sense of humor are a bonus
Salary Range: $25,000 – $32,000 depending on experience
Mackintosh Academy Littleton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Mackintosh does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
How to ApplyTo apply, please send an email with your resume and a cover letter that addresses your qualifications and reasons for wanting to work at Mackintosh Academy Littleton to: Sharon Muench, Curriculum Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
389 total views, 1 today