Principal or Vice Principal Washington High School Principal
Position Title: Washington High School Principal
Salary Range: Contract Salary
Contract Length: Contractual Year
Immediate Supervisor: Director of Student Learning
Application Deadline: The preferred application deadline to apply for this position is April 20, 2022. After this date, we do not guarantee review of submissions.
Basic Function: The principal’s core responsibility is the improvement of student learning toward the vision of Quality Learning for Every Student Every Day actualized when every student meets all grade level and course expectations. Toward this end, the majority of his/her time is devoted to curriculum, instruction, professional learning, and the systems necessary to support these. Supervises all certified and non–certified personnel serving in the school.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated proficiency at the following, with consistent focus on the achievement of high standards by all students:
- Developing and nurturing a school climate focused on and supporting significant learning by all.
- Formulating long range goals and using a systems approach to planning, implementing, and evaluating programs and services.
- Accurately assessing the effectiveness of teachers on the dimensions of
- Understanding and organizing subject matter for student learning
- Planning instruction and designing learning experiences for all students,
- Creating and maintaining an effective environment for student learning,
- Engaging and supporting all students in learning
- Assessing student learning, and developing as a professional educator
- Developing and using a balanced assessment system at the building level
- Developing, facilitating, and assessing professional learning programs and activities guided by the Standards or Learning Forward and other best practice.
- Providing effective leadership and facilitation in administrative and leadership teams
- Organizing personnel, inaterials, and facilities in efficient support of student learning
- Working effectively with diverse people and groups;
Qualifications: Master’s degree; Administration Certification; Experience working with diverse populations. Prior administrative experience. Experience working with community agencies and groups. Experience with the day-to-day operation of schools. Strong knowledge of child development. Demonstrated skill in building relationships, trust and respect; Creative and imaginative approach to problems. Ability to work effectively with individuals and groups; strong speaking and writing abilities.
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office; dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and other technologies and office equipment, sitting, standing and walking for extended periods of time; kneeling; bending at the waist; lifting; pushing; pulling and carrying equipment, supplies and materials weighing up to 25 pounds; repetitive hand movement and fine coordination to use a computer keyboard; emotional stability to work effectively under pressure and to keep all aspects of the job under control; hearing and speaking to exchange information in person or on the telephone; seeing to read; prepare and assure the accuracy of documents.
It is the policy of SOUTH BEND COMMUNITY SCHOOL CORPORATION to forbid acts of discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, limited English proficiency, national origin, age or disability in its educational programs or employment policies as required by the Indiana Civil Rights Act, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Equal Pay act of 1973, Title IX (1972 Education Amendments), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and Title I and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1991. (Educational Policy #1200)
Information about designated compliance coordinators and grievance processes may be obtained by contacting the receptionist at the Administration Building, 215 S. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., South Bend, IN 46601 at 574-393-6000.