This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
18 Oct 2018
Teacher 7th/8th Grade Math Crew Leader
Primary Responsibilities Include:
1) Plan and Implement Math Curriculum
- Design, develop, document, and evaluate curricula in line with the Common Core State Standards.
- Implement curriculum in various groupings every day.
Consistently use instructional practices that are engaging and promote equity and high expectations through:
- Development of deep, conceptual understanding of number: unitizing, partitioning, iterating composing & decomposing.
- Use of mathematical models for thinking & understanding;
- Ensuring that students master the essential computational and number sense skills as well as understand important mathematical concepts;
- Utilizing inquiry-based approaches – that help kids apply their understanding to real-life contexts.
- Develop and use of a variety of effective assessment practices to analyze student work and mastery of essential skills and concepts to shape instruction.
- Integration of the Habits of Learning to support student achievement.
- Collaborate effectively with teachers and leaders to ensure that the math program is aligned and implemented as effectively as possible.
- Work with the intervention and special education staff to support students with IEP’s, 504’s, ALP’s, and other educational needs.
2) Active Pedagogy
Effective instructional practices- utilized to make the rich content of math come alive, ensure that all students think and participate, and allow the teacher to know all students and their thinking well;
- Utilizing inquiry-based approaches – learning involves understanding concepts, grasping procedures, and applying them to real-life contexts.
- Student Engaged Assessment: utilizes a variety of effective assessment practices to analyze student work and mastery of essential skills and concepts. Also uses practices that allow students to understand themselves as learners.
3) Culture and Character
Commitment to character is fostered through challenging academic work, service, and the expectation that students are courteous, respectful, and compassionate.
Build school culture and foster character through practices that bring the community together, promote shared understanding, and encourage all community members to become crew, not passengers;
- Foster a safe, respectful, and orderly community by communicating clear expectations for students’ conduct, and utilizing practices that encourage students to take responsibility for their actions, learning, and shared space.
- Make use of effective classroom management practices and communicate with parents about behavioral issues as they arise.
- Make families welcome, know them well, engage them actively in the life of the school, and communicate regularly with them.
- Develop a professional community by sharing expertise, improving the school’s program, building background knowledge in their disciplines, and modeling collaborative learning for students.
- Work with Adventure Coordinator to schedule, plan, and attend up to 2 camping trips per year, as well as a variety of Adventure days throughout the year.
5) Professionalism & School Leadership
Participate in strong professional culture that is sustained via collective leadership and action.
- Observe and support the Odyssey staff community courtesies.
- Identify areas for personal professional development and take responsibility to research or ask for staff development opportunities to develop these areas.
- Regularly attend and participate in Staff Council and Professional Development meetings. Avoid scheduling conferences, medical appointments, etc. during these times.
- Communicate regularly with students and families about achievement, growth, behavior and other topics using email, Jumprope, etc.
- Respond to requests for feedback and/or information in a timely manner.
- Be prompt for school, meeting and supervision responsibilities.
- Actively support school goals and policies including EL Education, character development, and safety.
7) Perks of this Position
- You’ll get to build strong relationships with our 52 middle school students.
- This position is part of a school-wide math team. Math teachers meet regularly for professional development and support.
- This position has 90 minutes of planning time each day.
- Odyssey is excited about our new math curriculum. Carnegie Learning is EdReports.org’s top scoring blended middle school math solution!
- Must be highly qualified as defined by NCLB requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- Health benefits (Odyssey covers 80%)
- Long and Short term Disability Insurance (Odyssey covers in full)
- Dental Insurance (Odyssey covers in full)
- School Term: The term of employment will start in winter 2018 until June 30, 2019. Employment hours will be approximately 7:45 a.m. to 4 p.m. five days per work week. Staff business, professional development, adventure and school events may necessitate longer hours.
- Payday is on the 15th of every month
- Compensation range: Depends on Experience
Specialist teachers are supervised by the Executive Director.
How to ApplyPlease apply on our Recruitee site - https://odysseyschoolofdenver.recruitee.com/
604 total views, 1 today