Operations / Administration Chief Human Resource Officer
GEO Foundation has been making access to quality schools a reality for children since 1998. GEO incubates quality charter schools and then supports their growth and success. GEO-sponsored public charter schools are high academic growth schools and feature a unique K-14 model–full day kindergarten all the way through two years of college. We believe all children should have access to a quality education that includes college. We embrace all quality educational options that enable parents to help their children learn and schools to succeed. Through aggressive community outreach and the introduction of options that empower families, GEO strives to make educational choice a reality for all families.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Our Chief Human Resource Officer provides a unique combination of strategic talent development and hands-on human resource management to successfully develop and execute a comprehensive human resource strategy that encompasses diversity, equity, inclusion, performance-driven results, and high-employee satisfaction. Our ideal candidate has a heart for students and families, a head for talent-development, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Relocation assistance provided
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Providing training, examining, and developing equitable policies, and identifying hiring practices that enhance the culture for faculty and staff.
- Develop a comprehensive framework focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion, and in introducing emerging practices to move the network forward to ensure a working environment for all constituencies.
- Develop and implement innovative and competitive approaches to recruiting, onboarding, training, retaining, and promoting high-potential talent.
- Develop comprehensive onboarding program designed to inspire long-term staff retention and satisfaction.
- Oversee all benefits administration, including evaluation and implementation of all related healthcare, retirement, and other benefit plans. Monitor and ensure compliance and accuracy from enrollment to separation with all aspects, including tax, audit, and other state and federal requirements.
- Oversee and respond to all other HR-related areas, including, but not limited to: employee discipline/hiring/separation issues, OSHA, Worker’s Compensation issues, EEOC claims, etc.
- Supervise and mentor HR staff with a positive and growth-focused mindset.
- Work collaboratively with accounting and academic teams to support organizational goals.
- Monitor and ensure the organization’s compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to co-management.
- Other HR-related duties as assigned in support of the organization.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Communication or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in executive HR role in multi-state and/or multi-division organization
- Strong ethics and ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Experience with highly automated payroll and/or HRIS data systems
- Ability to work independently, prioritize workload, utilize a wide degree of creativity and latitude to accomplish goals, understand business implications of decisions, and complete projects with minimum supervision.
- Ability to mentor and train other team and department staff members with a positive, growth-focused mindset.
- Ability to adapt, think quickly, flexibly, and offer solutions in an extraordinarily fast-growing organization.
- Mission and customer service-based mindset.