Technology Community Engagement Specialist
We are an Edtech (Education Technology) startup on a mission to increase student achievement through better family/community engagement among low-income and non-English speaking families. Our mobile app and web-platform connect schools and community partners with families by sidestepping typical barriers like contact info, logins, and language translation. In short, Flyer Connect is the most accessible and equitable solution to reach families how they want to be reached. Our vision is for all families, regardless of social or economic barriers, to be empowered, involved, and connected with their schools, educators, and social resources.
About the role:
The Community Engagement Specialist (CES) will have broad responsibility and gain exposure to all client-facing activities.
Sales and Marketing
- Sales follow-up to schedule demos with prospects.
- Be a growth marketer and content creator capturing innovative uses of Flyer and promoting them digitally (blog, newsletter, social media).
- Community moderator who represents Flyer Connect as a trusted resource for industry professionals.
- Onboarding specialist helping new partners successfully onboard their staff and community by leveraging digital tools and conducting consultation calls.
- Success specialist delivering and reviewing analytical reports and summaries to strategic accounts.
- Support specialist responding to technical questions with ideas and solutions. In addition, maintain our extensive knowledge base as our platform rapidly evolves.
- Referral generator by building and executing strategies to capture referrals from delighted clients.
A bit about you:
Mission-oriented. You are on fire about Flyer Connect’s mission. You’re super excited about helping underserved families achieve academic and career success and a stable lifestyle.
An empathetic influencer. You always listen first and take the time to understand where a client is coming from before offering a solution. That said, this role will entail persuading school administrators and teachers to change their behaviors and adopt the Flyer Connect platform as their primary form of communication so you’ll need to be good at influencing others in a genuine way.
People-person. You love meeting new people and can quickly build rapport with clients. You’re comfortable presenting to high-level school decision-makers like principals and superintendents and when it comes to commanding a room full of teachers you have no problem owning it.
Quick on your feet. Each school and community partner is unique in the needs they have for their community so you’ll be able to quickly propose solutions and workarounds to make sure schools are successful in using the platform.
Self-directed. We’re an early-stage startup that has a few established processes and systems, but we’re the first to admit that we haven’t figured everything out. That’s why we need someone who isn’t afraid to take initiative, try new things, and then tell us the best way to move forward.
Tech-savvy. Not only are you quick on the uptake of new technology, but you can turn around and explain it to less-confident clients with ease.
Content generator. Maybe you have a highly-curated Instagram, maybe you journal every day. Regardless, the only thing you love more than sharing that content with the world is improving on the last iteration.
A day in the life of a Community Engagement Specialist will look a bit like this:
- You’ll communicate with our driven team of MBA tech entrepreneurs, former educators, and community leaders around the needs of our various clients and work with the team to provide the best possible client experience.
- You’ll build digital marketing campaigns to engage our network.
- You’ll manage leads to drive demos to eventually convert into new clients.
- You’ll lead training with school administrators who are new to the Flyer platform and may be skeptical about adopting a new system.
- You’ll capture creative and effective uses of Flyer and share these with the broader Flyer school community.
- You’ll brainstorm and implement new ways to engage the schools and community partners using Flyer, from webinars to pizza parties.
- You’ll be the first stop for customer questions and help tickets, answering what you can and delegating what you cannot.
Required skills and experience:
Associate or Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
1+ years of relevant work experience in education or community/partnership building
HubSpot Sales, Service, or Marketing
Light Graphic Design abilities
Tú hablas Español
What you get:
- Compensation based on experience
- Flexible work from home policy
- Opportunity to make a direct impact in lives
How to ApplyTo apply, send the following to email@example.com:
- Your resume or LinkedIn profile
- A short explanation (video, text, etc.) in which you tell us about yourself, why you’re excited about Flyer Connect’s mission, and how you see yourself contributing. (~1 min or <200 words).