8 Mar 2023
Operations / Administration Dean of Students
Legacy Academy is a tuition-free, K-8 charter school serving families from several communities in Elbert and Douglas counties. We are a 1:1 iPad school, meaning that every student and staff member has an iPad Air to use during the school year. Legacy has a technology focus and is looking for individuals to join our innovative team. We are currently seeking a Dean of Students who is trained in MTSS (Multi-Tiered System of Supports), Restorative Practice, and PBIS (Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports).
Legacy Academy seeks candidates who demonstrate:
- Mission alignment: Legacy Academy’s mission is to guide students in developing their individual character and academic potential by providing opportunities for collaborative learning and hands-on experiences through the continuous surveying of modern technology, science, arts, and extracurricular activities.
- Entrepreneurial spirit: Willingness & ability to innovate the educational process utilizing the resources of the school environment, along with a desire to find new and innovative methods to improve the educational experience for our stakeholders continually.
- Team orientation: Ability to work collaboratively in a professional learning community characterized by team planning, participating fully in professional development, and engaging in an ongoing exchange of ideas while accepting and communicating the team’s decisions.
- Drive for excellence: Hard-working, self-starter who takes the initiative and is committed to learning and self-improvement for the betterment of Legacy students & staff.
- Supervise consistent and fair administration and student conduct and discipline data tracking.
- Oversee the guidelines of Restorative Practices.
- Contribute toward a safe environment for learning, including ensuring that student conduct is maintained and discipline is enforced fairly and consistently and updating and implementing the required annual school safety report.
- Serve as liaison to parents and facilitate parent education and involvement, including reinforcing the need for parents to support the school’s policies and practices for student discipline, dress code, homework, and events.
- Assist in making formal reports to the board of trustees and charter entity on student conduct, school safety, and related matters.
- Implement and follow the policies and procedures for student dress code, discipline, and other policies related to maintaining a positive school culture of learning and achievement.
- Facilitate faculty and staff development related to school culture and consistent enforcement of student discipline with the principal.
- Facilitate parent education and involvement, including reinforcing the need for parents to support the school’s policies and practices for student discipline, dress code, homework, and events.
- Communicates effectively, orally and in writing, with students, parents, and other professionals regularly.
- Models professional and ethical standards when dealing with students, parents, peers, and the community.
- Maintain the privacy of student records and information.
This individual must have an educational strategy and teaching experience.
Reports to: Principal
Salary: $65K yearly