Teacher Design Teacher
PPHS is seeking passionate, flexible, and optimistic teachers who will thrive in a dynamic environment. Our teachers are personal learning coaches that help each student investigate what interests and drives them. Fulfilling the role as a personal learning coach means encouraging students to demonstrate high levels of social responsibility, personal accountability, and independent thinking. Thus, at PPHS, teachers are referred to as “coaches”. A PPHS coach embodies design-thinking by empathizing with students, parents, guardians, and co-workers. Coaches also prototype and iterate upon systems to best support student achievement. Through this, our coaches help students discover their superpower and unique capabilities in order to prepare them for jobs that do not yet exist.
A Purdue Polytechnic Personal Learning Coach is a…
- Successful working in a team environment
- Skilled in motivating students
- Able to relate to a diverse population
- Desire to learn from multiple sources to grow professionally and personally
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of technology applications to enhance instruction and perform administrative tasks
- Experience working with online learning is a plus
- Dedication to building a rapport with student families and the surrounding community
- Adaptable to shifting priorities while attaining a positive learning environment
- Able to think and act creatively
- Passionate about shaking up the traditional curriculum status quo
- Strategic in using multiple sources to plan and implement supports for exceptional student
In addition to the qualifications above, we are seeking someone with the following:
- Current Teaching Certification in subject specialty, dual licensure preferred
- Experience working with high school age students in a non-traditional setting highly preferred
- Experience and dedication working with restorative practices
- Able to gather and analyze data for informed decision making
Personal Learning Coach Duties
- Create and support an outstanding experience for each student.
- Analyze and interpret data (academic, personal growth, and 21st-century skills) and make necessary adjustments to ensure students are fully engaged and achieving to the best of their ability.
- Mentor all students on academic, social, and emotional growth.
- Assist in activities such as recruitment, enrollment, culture establishment, and curriculum development.
- Reflect and promote PPHS core values at all times, including in serving as the school’s main point of contact between a student and their guardians.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
What Purdue Polytechnic High School offers:
As a coach at PPHS, you will have the opportunity to reinvent high school by analyzing the future of work, partnering with local organizations, and coaching students how to learn and problem solve. You will expose students to different career pathways, work-based learning opportunities, and internships to help them better prepare for their future. You will have a dedicated and mission-driven team for continuous collaboration. Finally, you will have dedicated instructional coaching and support to help you grow professionally.
- Purdue Polytechnic High School Indianapolis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Purdue Polytechnic High School Indianapolis offers competitive compensation and benefits.
How to ApplyIf interested in the next steps, please visit https://pphs.purdue.edu to apply.
496 total views, 1 today