Operations Director of Facilities
Why this job: Help shape the future of students in Washington Heights and Inwood by joining the leadership of a successful and expanding school with a revolutionary model aimed at transforming public education. TEP needs a proven leader who can effectively manage the school’s facilities, which currently include 2 campuses and will soon include a 3rd campus when TEP opens a newly constructed 60,000 square foot flagship facility during the 2018-19 school year.
Position Overview: The Director of Facilities is a dynamic leadership role that requires expertise in facilities management. This individual will train and supervise all TEP facility staff and work as part of TEP’s school leadership to support TEP’s expansion into a 1200 student school. This individual will manage TEP’s 3 Upper Manhattan facilities: the campus at 4280 Broadway (360-student-leased facility for Pre-K, K, and 1st grade), the campus at 549 Audubon Ave (30 classroom trailers currently used for middle school but soon to be converted into a 360-student campus for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grades) and the new campus at 153 Sherman Ave (480-student facility for 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th grades currently under construction).
- Project manage all new facility projects including renovation of any newly acquired spaces
- Plan and supervise repair and maintenance projects across all TEP campuses to address short-term and long-term needs
- Co-lead move of TEP Middle School from current campus (30 trailers) to newly constructed 60,000 square foot building at 153 Sherman Ave in early 2019
- Manage all contract services associated with facilities, including building system equipment maintenance contracts and cleaning contracts
- Lead TEP’s environmental sustainability initiative through implementation of comprehensive programs related to energy consumption, waste management, and recycling
- Supervise & train all facility staff on facility-related processes, protocols and initiatives; co-supervise facility personnel with Operations Directors at each campus
- Develop and monitor security systems at each campus and train security staff on these systems; co-supervise security personnel with Operations Directors at each campus
- Interface closely with School Directors and Operations Directors at each campus to ensure that each facility is supporting the programmatic needs of the school
- Broad knowledge of building systems (mechanical, electrical, plumbing, etc.) required
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in facility management including facility maintenance and repair
- Prior supervisory experience of facility personnel required
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional ability to lead a team and to collaborate effectively with school leaders
Accountability: The Director of Facilities reports directly to TEP’s Chief Operations Officer.
Compensation: The Director of Facilities earns an annual salary plus a potential performance bonus. The annual salary is in the range of $105K to $120K based on the individual’s experience level. The Director of Facilities is also eligible to receive a substantial annual performance bonus based on meeting or exceeding specific metrics. A robust benefits package includes medical, dental, vision insurance, a 403b retirement plan, STD, LTD and Life Insurance.
How to ApplyTo apply, please go to: http://www.tepcharter.org/jobs.php?gh_jid=823691
328 total views, 2 today