Operations / Administration Director of Professional Learning
Plan, organize, direct, and support all aspects of District performance management with an emphasis on professional learning, and oversee all aspects of the district’s Teacher and School Leader Incentive grant (TSL). Plan, organize, and direct TSL compensation functions for the District. Oversee and participate in the preparation of job descriptions and salary schedules pertinent to the TSL grant; supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned personnel. Construct and oversee a comprehensive District-wide human capital management system connecting compensation with adult learning and student achievement.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the Professional Learning System.
- Hire and manage Teacher and School Leader grant personnel, and manage all aspects of grant administration and oversight.
- Establish, maintain and update frameworks and models to ensure results-oriented professional learning practices.
- Responsible for working with leadership concerning techniques and strategies for integrating professional learning designs.
- Responsible for developing, leading and facilitating Standards-driven professional learning.
- Ensure all stakeholders engage in continuous learning through the support of differentiated professional learning.
- Ensure policies and procedures align with the Standards for Professional Learning.
- Provide the educational leadership by overseeing the development and implementation of a coordinated, aligned and focused professional learning program for district-wide employees.
Communication and Support
- Coach and support learners in the development of an Educator Effectiveness System.
- Ensure district leaders understand the roles, responsibilities, and essential behaviors required to focus direction, secure accountability and deepen the learning for organizational change to occur and be impactful for adults and students.
- Engage leaders in constructive feedback regarding their progress toward building capacity in educator effectiveness.
- Responsible for engaging staff in professional learning to develop expertise in specific areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for building leadership pipelines.
- Create learning designs and facilitate support for leadership pathways to sustain effective leadership at both the administrative and teacher level.
- Support and facilitate continuous learning leading to high levels of practice and implementation.
- Communicate clear learning designs grounded in the principles of adult learning and a theory of change.
Budget and finance
- Develop and prepare the annual preliminary budget for professional learning.
- Analyze and review budgetary and financial data.
- Control and authorize expenditures in accordance with established limitations.
- Administer and manage all aspects of the Teacher and School Leader (TSL) grant and disbursement of related funds in accordance with established requirements and specifications.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of Professional Learning policies and procedures
- Knowledge of Talent Management System
- Knowledge of Professional Learning Proposal System App
- Knowledge of Induction and Mentoring App
- Knowledge of SBCSC policies and procedures
- Skilled in effective listening and communication
- Skills as a leader and team builder
- Skills in organization, time management, task prioritization and record keeping
- Skills in resource development
- Skills in verbal and written communications
- Skilled in working effectively, cooperatively, and respectfully with staff, parents, and community members
- Ability to manage multiple projects and timeliness successfully
- Ability to work effectively through the committee process to accomplish goals
- Ability to communicate effectively with varied audiences using multiple mediums
- Ability to manage competing demands and determine top priorities
- Ability to work well under pressure and use sound judgment, including appropriate handling of confidential matters
- Provide direct support to all levels of the district through effective professional learning. 2. Manage all aspects of Back To School University for both teachers, administrators, and non-certified staff.
- Manage all aspects of virtual professional learning including badges and micro-credentials.
- Ability to use Standards for Success.
- Experience implementing and measuring the impact of professional learning in a District setting.
- Experience with Career Ladders/Lattices.
- Experience providing direct support and managing of support to teachers rated Needs Improvement and Ineffective.
- Experience with National Board Certification process.
- Experience managing, enrolling, billing cohorts in university third-party systems.
- Experience using a Calibration and Certification Engine District-Wide.
- Participate in the development and implementation of employee compensation programs, projects, services, strategies, goals and objectives; establish related timelines and priorities,
- Coordinate communications, information, and personnel to assure smooth and efficient activities and meets the compensation needs of the district; resolve compensation issues and conflicts in a proper and timely manner.
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned personnel; interview and select employees and recommend transfers, reassignment, termination, and disciplinary actions.
- Manage the Compensation Administration System for SBCSC employees; coordinate and conduct classification, job level evaluation and salary studies; compile and analyze related data and information; prepare and revise job descriptions as necessary, and provide salary recommendations as necessary.
- Coordinate auditing, record-keeping and reporting functions to assure proper application, calculation and reporting of compensation data.
- Perform related duties as assigned by the Administrator to meet the particular needs of the building/unit.
- Ability to complete high-end analytics using SPSS, Stata, and R.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely.
Any combination equivalent to: master’s degree in education, public administration, business administration, human resources or related field and four years increasingly responsible experience involving employee performance management, professional learning and compensation systems. Must have strong planning, management, supervisory, analytical, computer, organizational, and oral and written communication skills. Must possess a valid Indiana driver’s license.
Preferred Qualifications: ABD, Ph.D. or Ed.D.