Instructional Support Early Childhood Mentor Coach, All Our Kin Full-Time, New York City
All Our Kin, Inc., a nationally-recognized, Connecticut-based nonprofit organization that trains, supports, and sustains community child care providers to ensure that children and families have the foundation they need to succeed in school and in life, seeks an Early Childhood Mentor Coach to partner with organizations (networks) supporting family child care providers in New York City.
All Our Kin first opened its doors in a New Haven housing development in 1999 with two staff members, six mothers, six children, and one core belief: all children deserve access to high-quality early learning opportunities. Through our programs, family child care professionals succeed as business owners; working parents find stable, high-quality care for their children; and our youngest and most vulnerable children receive the early learning experiences that prepare them to succeed in school and in life. Today, we serve over 400 family child care providers in New Haven, Bridgeport, Norwalk, Stamford, and New York City; these parents and educators in turn serve over 2,400 children in our community. To learn more about our work, please visit www.allourkin.org.
All Our Kin is embarking on a ground-breaking knowledge dissemination initiative to expand our reach by training new communities in our model and best practices around supporting quality in family child care. All Our Kin’s NYC Early Childhood Mentor Coach will play a key role in executing this initiative. The Mentor Coach will work directly with up to 12 staff coaches from the participating family child care networks (network coaches are experienced early educators who provide guidance to home-based family child care providers). The Mentor Coach will support network coaches to grow and strengthen their coaching practices with family child care providers, leading to higher quality care and improved outcomes for children.
We are searching for an enthusiastic team player who is looking to make an impact and is excited about being a part of an effective, growing and dynamic non-profit organization. We offer competitive salary, a flexible schedule, and the opportunity to work with a team of skilled and motivated professionals. The Early Childhood Mentor Coach will work primarily in out of the Bronx office with occasional travel to other All Our Kin offices. This is a full-time position.
Key responsibilities of the Early Childhood Mentor Coach include:
- Provide initial and ongoing training to network staff in All Our Kin’s strength-based, relationship-based model and best practices for working with family child care providers
- Observe and work side-by-side with network coaches in the field during twice monthly onsite visits per network coach, modeling strategies, reflecting and debriefing, and problem solving to raise the quality of providers’ programs
- Plan and facilitate monthly reflective supervision and training sessions with network coaches, and share relevant resources on early childhood development and developmentally appropriate practice
- Support network leadership and coaches in setting and achieving goals to improve children’s outcomes, personalizing support based on individual needs
- Promote the strengthening of relationships between network staff and family child care providers
- Establish and manage relationships with multiple community-based family child care networks, stakeholders, funders, and family child care providers
- Notice trends and themes in the work, and reflect on strategies that are most effective in working with communities, network staff, and providers, and in disseminating All Our Kin’s model and best practices
- Communicate regularly with All Our Kin staff and staff at partner organizations on progress and assist with pilot evaluation measures
- Work with the All Our Kin Knowledge Dissemination team to strengthen knowledge dissemination efforts and inform All Our Kin’s practices
The ideal candidate:
- Believes in the All Our Kin mission and has a deep commitment to the well-being of children, families, and child care providers;
- Has a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, psychology or related field;
- Has five or more years of experience as an early childhood teacher and/or early childhood coach or mentor;
- Has a strong commitment to strength-based coaching and alignment with All Our Kin core values;
- Has experience coaching, mentoring, and training adults who work in urban communities;
- Is a relationship-based individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Is a creative problem solver, who is able to design responsive strategies and interventions;
- Is highly organized, highly entrepreneurial, flexible, and comfortable with uncertainty;
- Is willing to work a flexible schedule, including evening and weekends if required;
- Is able to attend two weeks of onboarding in New Haven, Connecticut prior to the start of coaching and potential additional meetings in New Haven, Connecticut (travel expenses will be reimbursed);
- Values diversity and demonstrates cultural and linguistic competency;
- Values an asset-based approach to change and understands that the quality; improvement process is lengthy and requires sensitivity, flexibility, respect, and commitment;
- Is committed to the goal of making high-quality early care and education available to all children;
- Is an enthusiastic team player who is looking to make a difference and is excited about being a part of a high-impact, growing, and dynamic non-profit organization;
- Has experience working with home based child care providers;
- [Preferred] Is bilingual in Spanish and English.
Benefits of working at All Our Kin:
All Our Kin’s small size, focus on innovation, and collaborative model of program development make it possible for staff members to get a close look at the workings of a growing, high-impact nonprofit organization at the cusp of two critical issues: job creation and child care. The organization’s commitment to mentorship and professional development guarantee that each staff member will receive individual time and attention, and will serve as an integral member of our highly skilled and mission-driven team.
The All Our Kin NYC Early Childhood Mentor Coach is a salaried position with competitive benefits. All Our Kin is an equal opportunity employer and recognizes that diversity and opportunity are fundamental to children’s lives and to our work.
How to ApplyTo Apply: Send resume and cover letter by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
67 total views, 1 today