This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
5 Feb 2021
Operations / Administration Executive Director-Equitable Resource Strategy
The Executive Director of Equitable Resource Strategy supports the equitable, efficient, and effective allocation and management of Atlanta Public Schools’ financial, people, material, and capital resources in support of the District’s efforts to build a culture of equity and inclusion for all students, families, employees, and community. The incumbent will synthesize large amounts of data and partner with the finance, operations and human resources teams to ensure that APS’ students receive an exemplary education.
- Works in partnership with the Chief Equity and Social Justice Officer (CESJO) in developing a united definition of equity and organizational equity identity/lens, to define a vision of success in applying the equity identity and lens to the district’s body of work as it relates to district resources, such as finance, operations, technology, and human resources departments.
- Develops equity-focused recommendations to adjust funding and talent strategies, facilities master planning, and other district-wide processes to cultivate a culture of equity
- Designs and endorses the implementation of equity efforts to continuously enhance the district departments’ efforts to close the opportunity gaps for our least-served students
- Collaborates with senior district leaders and school principals to identify critical initiatives for evaluation related to equity and perform ROI analyses to inform senior leaders of the effectiveness of designated programs
- Ensures the maintenance of complex and confidential records and files
- Directs the plan and delivery of pertinent training to the central office and school leaders.
- Manages assigned portion of the department’s budget, including developing budget proposals, justifying expenses, and monitoring accounts
- Joins forces with the District’s Partnerships and Development Office in ensuring equitable distribution of sponsorships, partnerships, and funding opportunities.
- Oversees the District’s supplier diversity efforts
- Assumes a leadership role in the successful implementation of the district’s Talent Management Strategy, Facilities Master Planning and other major operational strategic efforts.
- Represents the district in regional and local associations, civic clubs, ethnic and non-profit organizations as assigned
- Delivers reports to the Superintendent, Board and internal/external stakeholders on the District’s progress related to assigned projects
- Employs best practices in change management and organizational development to support the District’s culture of an antiracist, multicultural organization that is positioned to achieve its equity goals
- Supervises assigned personnel, provides assistance, conducts annual performance appraisals, and makes recommendations for appropriate employment actions
- Required to have prompt, regular attendance in-person or virtually and be available to work on-site, in-person during regular business hours, and as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned by an appropriate administrator or their representative