Principal or Vice Principal Executive Principal: Brainerd High School
Executive Principal – Brainerd High School, an Opportunity Zone School in Hamilton County
Creating Opportunities – Changing Lives
“Education is not a problem. Education is an opportunity.” – Lyndon B. Johnson
The Hamilton County Department of Education is looking for dynamic and dedicated educators, advocates, and school leaders who are committed to ensuring that all students have access to an excellent education experience and the many opportunities that come with that experience. The need for such leaders is particularly great in the Opportunity Zone Schools, the 12 schools high-priority schools where we seek to transform the school and educational experience so that every student is well prepared to excel and succeed academically and socially. This work requires leaders that are dedicated to the students, passionate utilizing innovation and best practices to improve a school, and that are seeking to promote community engagement through the community schools models.
If you believe in the potential of every child and that you can be a force for change, we invite you to consider joining this empowering work. This invitation is for those who believe that all students should have incredible educational experiences and for those who will work to ensure that happens everyday in every classroom.
HCDE is a diverse school system, providing roughly 45,000 students with a world class education. The system is nationally renowned for urban school success as well as middle school and high school reform. The district offers a variety of educational programs for all students including magnet schools, career academies, and gender-based classes as well as a focus on individual student success and the goal of preparing all students to compete in a Global Economy.
- Lead transformational work
- Motivate, supervise, train, and evaluate administrative team.
- Provide instructional leadership and coordinate a Standards-based system of teaching and learning that is inquiry-based, problem-based, and competency driven.
- Ensure successful implementation of IDEA regulations, Title 1 regulations, and ESSA regulations.
- Facilitate group understanding and communication of diversity in an educational setting.
- Oversee the development and implementation of a school-wide improvement plan.
- Oversee the design, implementation, and interpretation of data systems that support instruction and assessment.
- Minimum of master’s degree in education administration required (higher degree preferred).
- Minimum of three years of experience as an administrator required.
- Proven ability to organize program, personnel, and activities required for productive learning.
- Proven ability to relate to a wide variety of people and to observe, listen, and motivate students, teachers, and community.
- Proven ability to make decisions and provide leadership to result in a positive learning environment.
- Proven ability to manage financial budgets, resources, and personnel effectively.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
- Ability to work collaboratively with other school administrators and staff.
- Proven ability to implement data measures and utilize data to inform instructional practices and school-wide improvement
- Exemplary communication skills, both written and verbal
- Understanding of career academies.
- Experience in urban schools and with diverse student populations
- Extensive leadership and management training
- Experience in implementing a community schools model to increase parent involvement
In addition to an attractive signing bonus and competitive compensation and benefit package, the principal is eligible for additional compensation through the teacher incentive fund grant. The principal may earn additional compensation for achieving gain scores in the top 25% or higher in the state of Tennessee. To achieve positive results, the principal must be data-driven, results-oriented, and maintain a strong effect on student achievement data.
The Hamilton County Department of Education has a generous benefit package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, retiree benefits, and more.
For additional information, please visit www.hcde.org/careers or contact Penny Murray at 423-498-7049.