Teacher High School Teacher
LHS Teacher – Position Profile
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide direct and indirect instruction to individual students or small groups of students inside or outside of the classroom utilizing varied teaching methodologies to accommodate learning styles in an inviting, exciting and innovative learning environment.
- Develop and deliver learning plans with effective feedback that ensures the attainment of state and school learning standards and prepares students for all required assessments.
- Fully utilize and remain current with the Personalized Learning Platform.
- Comply with the spirit and letter of any individualized learning plans such as IEPs, ALPs, 504s, etc. including working with the Exceptional Students Teacher and/or Coordinator.
- Coordinate lessons with other teachers to maximize potential synergy for teaching similar topics in the same general time frame, thus reinforcing student knowledge on an interdisciplinary basis.
- Effectively contribute to MTSS meetings to elevate student success.
- Establish, maintain and engage in effective classroom management procedures.
- Address students’ long and short‐term individual needs and serve as an advisor / role model to students.
- Evaluate and report students’ progress periodically as appropriate including quarterly individual reports for parents.
- Accept and incorporate feedback and coaching from administrative staff.
- Maintain and enrich expertise in the subject area they teach and other professional development areas.
- Support the Mission, Vision, Values and program of the school and all associated initiatives.
- Perform other duties, as deemed appropriate, by the Head of School or their designee.
- Must be “Highly Qualified” with demonstrated expertise in the subject they will teach, as evidenced by personal skills and knowledge, an undergraduate major or minor or graduate degree in the subject they will teach, or direct subject-area teaching experience;
- Demonstrated teaching experience in a public, charter or private school;
- Demonstrated ability and experience to engage the interest of high school students;
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse children, including those with special needs;
- Demonstrated communication skills and ability to work well with parents;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member;
- Demonstrated willingness to be held accountable for student safety and academic results.
Launch High School is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, marital status, gender or gender identification, sexual orientation, age, socioeconomic status, disability or health condition. Launch complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws including but not limited to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
How to ApplyGo to this web page to apply https://launchhigh.org/careers/
158 total views, 1 today