Teacher Lead Teacher 3rd/4th Grade
The Logan School for Creative Learning is an independent K-8 school for approximately 250 gifted students who are exceptionally inquisitive and hungry for knowledge. The Logan School fosters this love of learning by providing an experience-based education that allows students to develop individually to their fullest potential. With a focus on higher levels of critical thinking, students develop a mature sense of who they are and how they will connect with the world around them – skills that will serve them well into the future.
Please visit our website at www.theloganschool.org
The Logan School for Creative Learning is accepting applications for an Intermediate School Lead Teacher opening starting August 1, 2020. This teacher will work with an associate teacher and the school’s other educators to provide a Logan educational experience for approximately 20 students in mixed-age classroom that will consist of students in 3rd and 4th grade.
Responsibilities include developing an individualized curriculum for each student and leading two extended overnight trips each year. The ideal candidate will hold an earned college degree and will be an experienced teacher. Candidates should be familiar with the needs of gifted students, and have a strong understanding of child-centered education and the value of hands-on learning activities.
Candidates must have the skills necessary to perform the following tasks at a high level of proficiency:
- Run a classroom in a manner consistent with Logan’s philosophy.
- Plan and oversee individual student curriculum units, including coordinating individual student unit trips with unit trip teacher
- Plan and implement a class unit and other activities that provide students the opportunity to work together and to integrate subject matter
- Provide opportunities for exploration and problem solving
- Monitor academic skill levels of students
- Provide opportunities for choice
- Provide guidance in the areas of emotional and social growth
- Lead day-long and extended (overnight) field trips with the students
- Communicate with parents regarding student progress
- Communicate with non-core teachers regarding students
- Participate in faculty meetings
- Supervise a full-time teacher assistant
- Perform miscellaneous other duties, as assigned by the Head of School
This is a full-time position during the school year. Salary is paid over 12 months August-July. This position receives full benefits.
The lead teacher reports directly to the Dean with support from the Instructional Coach.
The Logan School work day is 8:00-4:00. Attendance is required at all-staff meeting until 5:00pm at least once per week. There will be occasional evening and weekend commitments.
Teachers are Expected to:
- Participate thoughtfully and positively in all meetings and school-wide events
- Consider various perspectives when engaging in internal and external communications
- Work with the dean and instructional coach to share and solve problems
- Attend pre-service and other professional days and school-wide events
- Attend and complete mandatory trainings, such as those for child safety, first-aid, etc.
- Attend all all-staff meetings and the staff retreat
Salary is dependent on experience. The Logan School provides full benefits, including a group health plan, TIAA-CREF retirement plan, dental, life, and disability to all full-time employees.