Instructional Support Learning Design Director, Content Development
Mouse is a national nonprofit that empowers all youth and educators to engage with computer science and creative technology to solve real problems and make meaningful change in our world. We focus on building competency, literacy, and dispositions for success in a digital age. We design original, project-driven learning content that helps youth build their ability to create technology with purpose, while exploring computing, electronics, games, design, and more.
Are you passionate about the design of innovative learning content, a compulsive tinkerer, and driven to reach all learners?
We are seeking a Director of Content Development to design and implement an overarching production vision for Mouse’s Learning Design Team. The Director of Content Development oversees curriculum contributions from Mouse’s Learning Design team and external contractors including adherence to project timelines, quality assurance, and content vision. This person will collaborate with Network Success, Educator Engagement, and Fundraising staff to design and implement rollout of new content and oversees the maintenance of existing Mouse curriculum to ensure it is up-to-date with current technology, learning standards, and educational best-practices.
New Content Production (60%)
- Manage, design and produce all grant-funded learning content
- Design teacher supports to accompany lessons (i.e. lesson plans, scope/sequence documents, pacing guides)
- Maintain systems for capturing formative data from users and incorporating notes into new iterations
- Organize activities into relevant courses & digital badges
- Choose and create necessary data triggers to track progress
- Create and socialize tools that help with production, e.g., timelines, workflow documents, etc.
- Manage external partners where content is a collaboration
- Manage relationships with subject-matter experts
- Supervise board reporting on Content Production
- Update Mouse staff and key program partners on new or updated content projects both during their development and release
Oversee Content Maintenance & Improvements – 25%
- Track and project-manage all ongoing curriculum projects, sharing progress with the LD team on a regular basis.
- Serve as point person for web team to ensure the content uploading process goes smoothly.
- Align all learning content to relevant national standards including Common Core, NGSS, ISTE, K12 CS Framework and ACT College and Career Readiness standards
- Ensure technical curriculum stays up-to-date by overseeing a review and testing schedule for older content.
- Identify areas of Mouse’s content that could most benefit from the inclusion of multimedia supports.
- In collaboration with relevant Learning Design staff, create plans for the creation of new media content.
- Oversee the development of multimedia and interactive assets, including timeline, quality assurance and adherence to vision.
- Oversee and manage outside media contractors, including contracting and payment schedules.
Collaborate with Directors to Refine Offerings to Meet User Needs – 15%
- Meet regularly with Directorate of Learning Design to coordinate improvements and efforts to grow new offerings
- Maintain content wishlist and priority planning
- Co-Lead Mid-year and Annual planning efforts related to network success KPIs
- Craft KPIs for Content Development and maintain drumbeat toward fulfilling those performance goals
- Strong E.Q.
- Master’s degree (or demonstrable equivalent) required
- At least 5 years experience working in K-12 education or curriculum development (classroom, youth development, or other programmatic, curriculum writing, etc.)
- Passion for youth empowerment and fostering greater diversity in STEM fields
- Subject matter expertise in STEM, creative computing or digital literacy skills required
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Media production / post-production skills a plus
- Understanding of national curriculum standards such as CCSS, NGSS, K-12 CS Framework and ISTE
- Knowledge and experience with digital media and the use of digital media in education
- Understanding of the virtual learning space and online learning models
- Experience with Google Suite preferred
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects
- Great teamwork and interpersonal skills
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with experience. Mouse offers excellent employee benefits including health, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays and vacation, flexible work hours and a generous telecommute policy.
Mouse is an equal opportunity employer. We know diversity makes us stronger and are committed to inclusivity for all our applicants and employees.
How to ApplyInterested applicants please send cover letter, resume and a writing sample (no more than 500 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
616 total views, 16 today