Principal or Vice Principal Meeker Elementary School Principal
Meeker School District is seeking qualified individuals for a Principal at Meeker Elementary School. The Principal is responsible for the administrative operations of the school as well as the instructional leadership, individual guidance, and the school-wide facilitation of improving instructional effectiveness that will help lead to increased student achievement. The principal is also responsible for: supervision of staff in the building; overseeing professional development activities and district curricular programs; working effectively with community and parent patrons; ensuring effective building operations and maintenance, managing student activities and student discipline; developing school policies and procedures to ensure compliance with Board of Education and Federal policies.
Start Date: July 1, 2023 or immediately if the successful candidate is not currently under contract with another school district.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and maintain a school mission and vision that is consistent with the mission and vision of the District.
- Provide instructional leadership for all staff that maximizes achievement for all students.
- Oversee the implementation of all District curriculums.
- Supervise all instructional staff in meeting district and state academic standards.
- Regularly observe each teacher in the school to assess performance and to gather information that will lead to instructional improvement.
- Select, assign, supervise and evaluate classified and certified staff as provided by District policy and monitor the distribution of evaluation scores within the school.
- Provide leadership to initiate and maintain the involvement of the community and the parents in the learning processes at the school and encourage and support the activities of a parent-school group.
- Please click on the following link for a complete job description: Principal Job Description
Qualifications and Experience:
- Possession of a Colorado Initial or Professional Principal License is preferred (candidates may also be given consideration who are eligible for the equivalent, or enrolled in a principal licensure program or an alternative principal program, to include state approved teacher evaluator training).
- Relevant prior experience, including 3 years of successful teaching, administrative or equivalent leadership experience is preferred.
- Preferred Master’s’ Degree or higher with a focus on educational leadership.
- Evidence of successful leadership experience in either elementary or secondary education and in a rural or small school setting.
- Ability to communicate, organize, and promote an effective building level discipline and attendance program.
- Demonstration of effective problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of curriculum, assessment, models of instruction.
- Knowledge of Special Education and English Language Acquisition regulations and strategies for services.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board of Education and superintendent of schools may find appropriate and acceptable
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary negotiable based upon qualifications and experience. The current principal salary schedule can be found at: MSD 22-23 Salary Schedule
- Fully paid health, dental and life insurance for employee and $119 towards dependent health coverage.
- Colorado Public Employee Retirement Association (PERA) member account with employer contribution rate of 21.4%
- Four-day school week
- 12 personal/sick days
- 11-month contract, 180 days
- Reimbursement of moving expenses, up to $1,000 for in-state moves, and up to $2,000 for out-of-state moves.
How to ApplyApplications can be printed from our websites employment opportunities page, under "All District Job Applications" (Click Here) or picked up at: Contact: Meeker Re-1 School District Jessica Browning – Human Resources Director School Administration Office 555 Garfield Street/P.O. Box 1089 Meeker, CO 81641 Telephone: 970-878-9040 FAX: 970-878-3682
Meeker School District Re-1 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The educational programs, activities and employment opportunities offered by Meeker School District RE-1 are offered without regard to race, color, sex (which includes marital status), sexual orientation (which includes transgender), religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, disability or need for special education services. Inquiries regarding alleged unlawful discrimination or harassment should be directed to the Meeker School District superintendent, 555 Garfield, PO Box 1089, Meeker, CO 81641, Phone (970) 878-9040; or to The Office of Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, 1961 Stout Street, Third Floor, Denver, CO 80294, Phone (303) 844-2991.