Teacher Middle School Special Education Coordinator
Middle School Special Education Coordinator
Join Central Queens Academy (CQA), a new and growing charter middle school serving a multi-ethnic immigrant community. Located in Glendale and Elmhurst, CQA enrolls a diverse student body that hails from all over the world. The mission of CQA is to prepare students for success in education, the workforce, and the community through a school that integrates literacy, standards-based academics, and culturally responsive support services. In 2018-2019, we will serve about 400 students in grades 5 through 8.
We are seeking a Middle School Special Education Coordinator who wants to join a small, student-centered school in Queens. All team members will be called upon to employ a “whatever it takes” mentality and activate innovative thinking to help our students.
What We Ask of our Special Education Coordinator
- Teach – Drive student mastery of core and character standards through excellent teaching practices
- Lead – Supervise the special education teachers on the campus and manage the IEP caseload for the school
- Collaborate – Support efforts to institutionalize effective team practice and build a strong foundation
- Grow – Engage in continual learning and reflective practices to build your skills and career
What We Look For
- Evidence of self-reflective practices, coachability, self-motivation, and collaboration (required)Exhibits a high level of organization, a knack for systems of data collection and analysis, and preparedness for instructional blocks (required)
- Minimum Bachelors Degree (required) and Masters Degree (preferred)
- NYS Certification in respective area of instruction (required)
- NYS Certification in school administration & supervision or school building leadership (preferred)
- At least five years of teaching experience in an urban setting (preferred)
- Experience/strength in content area of application (preferred)
- Expertise in standards-based curriculum design or with UBD framework (preferred)
- Bilingual (Asian or Spanish languages) (preferred)
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Retirement plan participation
- Comprehensive benefits, including medical, vision, and dental insurance
How to ApplyInterested candidates should email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
80 total views, 1 today