Operations / Administration Office Administrator
The Colorado Charter School Institute (CSI) is a statewide charter school authorizer whose mission is to foster high-quality public school choices offered through charter schools, particularly schools that are focused on closing the achievement gap for at-risk students. Governed by a board of nine members appointed by the Governor and Commissioner of Education, CSI currently serves a diverse portfolio of 42 schools across the state of Colorado serving over 20,000 students. CSI is uniquely positioned to serve and promote charter school innovation in communities throughout Colorado and to be a leader in improvements in authorizer practices. CSI aspires to continue growing the quality and quantity of its portfolio of schools in Colorado in response to the need for high-quality, innovative charter school options. Our organization is at an extraordinary point of opportunity and is poised to make additional systemic changes that will yield improvements within the portfolio’s overall student achievement.
Please note: Applications will be reviewed as they are received. This position is non-classified and is not subject to appeal rights.
CSI is seeking an energetic professional who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats to join our team. This position is best filled by an individual who enjoys a wide range of administrative tasks, is well organized and can work independently. Our organization offers a positive, collaborative and mission driven culture. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply!
Please see below for a complete position description:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ROLE-SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties of this position include the following. Employees in this position perform some or all of the following tasks. Other duties may be assigned.
Main Office Administrative Duties (10% of time worked):
- Answer/return phone calls made to CSI’s main number and direct calls to the appropriate, CSI departmental staff to respond to CSI school questions, requests for information, and problem resolution
- Greet and assist visitors while in the CSI office
- Sort and distribute incoming mail and packages, Check the mail for invoices, and route for payment
- Maintain common areas and shared spaces
- Coordinate with Building Management as needed for facility repairs and maintenance, and serve as the office Floor Warden the event of an emergency
- Coordinate with Building Management to maintain staff parking accounts
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques
- Manage inventory of all office supplies, furniture, and technology equipment including purchase of materials, in compliance with CSI financial policies and procedures
- Maintain school visit tracker on behalf of CSI staff. Create new tracker each year.
Staff Clerical Support Duties (65% of time worked):
- Execute all clerical and office management functions for CSI including but not limited to:
- Meeting scheduling
- Catering coordination
- Rental space facilitation
- Meeting setup and takedown
- Supply ordering and inventory
- Coordinate all travel and meeting accommodations for CSI staff as requested, in compliance with the State of Colorado and CSI’s travel and financial policies and procedures
- Maintain all staff memberships to professional organizations
- Facilitate the registration for staff’s attendance at conferences and professional development courses
- Maintain CSI School and internal staff contact information
- Maintain and track access to critical accounts and platforms including telecom accounts, cell phone accounts, procurement accounts, CSI membership accounts, and department-specific subscription accounts
Social Event Coordination (10% of time worked):
- Coordinate CSI social events in conjunction with the social committee
- Collect birthday questions and photos and create birthday or announcements for staff.
Department Specific Support (15% of time worked):
- Support departments in their clerical work including building shared folder structures when needed.
- Facilitate the fulfillment of student records requests
- Complete the annual directory data collection ensuring that school and CSI staff information is accurate
- Assist Human Resources with recruiting and employee onboarding/offboarding logistics
- Track Professional Development Fund Requests and usage of PD funds
- Process payments to external vendors
- Complete monthly purchasing card account allocations and ensure proper supporting documentation is on file. Track and report spending violations
- Support departments in their clerical work including building shared folder structures when needed
Coordinate and provide support to staff during the recruitment, new hire onboarding and offboarding processes.
- Assist in coordinating CSI staff retreats, social events, and gatherings.
- Provide operational support for the Chief of Staff
- Establish and maintain practices that advance departmental and organizational knowledge management efforts.
As a valued member of the Colorado Charter School Institute team, you’ll enjoy an array of benefits designed to enhance your well-being and professional growth. These include comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid holidays, generous paid leave, flexible schedule options, a supportive work-life balance ethos, complimentary life, and disability insurance (with opportunities for enhanced coverage), options for Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts, access to professional development programs, wellness initiatives, performance-based bonuses, and membership in the Colorado Public Employees’ Retirement Association (PERA).
CSI INCLUSION STATEMENT
CSI recognizes that autonomy and diversity can drive innovation and improved outcomes, both in our schools and in our organization. We are committed to a diverse and culturally inclusive workplace as we believe that differences in perspective and experiences broaden our awareness, enrich our daily experiences, and contribute to our collective strength.
As a charter school authorizer with schools that serve a wide range of communities across the state, we prioritize recruiting a staff that shares the diversity of the students and communities our schools serve. CSI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on gender, race, color, religion or belief, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
At a minimum, we are looking for the following:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Strong time-management and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail, professional written and verbal communication skills, and familiarity with modern workplace software programs and tools
- Some experience as an office administrator, office assistant or administrative role
- All final candidates must successfully pass a thorough criminal background check.
Ideal candidates will have some, or all, of the following education, skills, and abilities:
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred (5+ years of successful work experience can be substituted for a degree)
- Data entry experience
- District assessment coordination experience
- Experience using accounting software
- Experience working with charter schools in Colorado
LOCATION & TRAVEL
Some Telecommute Flexibility Offered. Must reside in the greater Denver area.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The work environment includes a standard office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk; sit; use hands for fine manipulation, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms using a keyboard and video display terminal. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, functions or working conditions associated with the job. This job description is not a contract of employment or a promise or guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment. CSI may add to, modify or delete any aspect of this job (or the position itself) at any time as it deems advisable.