Principal or Vice Principal Principal 5-8
Academy of the City Charter School
POSITION: Principal (Fifth grade through Eighth grade)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree in Education
- New York State Certification as School Building Leader preferred
- Five years teaching experience in middle school with at least three years in urban setting
- Middle school administrative experience preferred
- Ability to work collaboratively and an interest in an interdisciplinary approach to education.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acting as educational leader of the School, with ultimate responsibility for all educational program, services and supportive operational programs at the School and overall success of the School as required under the School’s charter;
- Hiring and training a first rate middle school staff that can carry out the School’s mission and vision.
- Ensuring the School’s educational program and other related services are in compliance with the mission and long range plan;
- Ensuring the School’s educational program and other related services are in compliance with the mandates of the School’s charter;
- Ensuring a school culture that is in compliance with the School’s charter, Board approved policies and procedures, authorizer regulations and requirements of all applicable State and Federal laws;
- Reporting fully on the progress of school programs to the Executive Director, Board of Trustees and Leadership team on a regular basis and as requested;
- Working with executive director to support the School’s fundraising, partnering and development initiatives;
- Maintaining satisfactory performance on the Principal’s review as established by the Executive Director;
- Performing all additional duties consistent with the role of Principal.
Work with Staff: Developing and maintaining a culture of trust and respect that encourages all staff to do their best and take risks. Continual evaluation of staff in order for them to perform at their highest levels including formal and informal observations. Clear understanding of the needs of staff including professional development, personal and professional needs. Willingness to address difficult situations and work with staff to resolve conflicts.
Work with Leadership team: Ability to listen, reflect and add to conversations and decision of the Leadership team that includes the Executive Director, Principal, Assistant Principals, Director of Operations and Parent Coordinator. Taking decisions that are made and implementing these with staff to insure an effective and smooth running school.
Work with Students: Care and concern to meet the needs of students. Willingness to listen and resolve issues and accept that children will make mistakes.
Work with Parents/Caregivers: Care and concern to meet the needs of families to best support their child in school as well as at home. Be responsive to requests and inquiries of parents/caregivers, available for consultation, enlist assistance of others not at school and in community as needed. Availability for meetings, both scheduled and unscheduled as well as regularly meeting with the Parent Coordinator and School counselor to support families. Oversee the 7th and 8th grade parents to insure they understand the High School process.
Curriculum Development and Implementation: Overseeing the curriculum to ensure that it is being implemented with a high degree of care and fidelity. Working with school leadership and teachers and consultants to continually review, innovate and develop curriculum to ensure it meets the needs of the students and prepares them to succeed in the 21st Century. Working with teachers, curriculum developers and coaches to ensure that they are properly trained and understand the curriculum. Systematic curriculum reviews to adapt curriculum to meet student needs.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
STARTING DATE: July 1, 2019
ENDING DATE: June 30, 2020
SEND RESUME TO: email@example.com with position listed in re: section of the email
ACADEMY OF THE CITY CHARTER SCHOOL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, SEXUAL ORIENTATION ETHNIC ORIGIN, SEX, OR DISABILITY IN ITS EMPLOYMENT POLICIES.
801 total views, 1 today