Principal or Vice Principal Principal, Pennington Elementary Expeditionary Learning
Principal, Pennington Elementary Expeditionary Learning
Jeffco Public Schools, Jefferson County, Colorado
School Leadership Matters!
Lead one of Jeffco Public Schools’ innovative efforts to engage elementary students in new and different ways – as Pennington Elementary begins an expeditionary learning focus in 2018-19. As early as this spring, lead planning efforts to transition the school to an expeditionary learning focus for fall 2018. This high visibility school and program prepares for new learning systems for our students. Ideal start date is early-February, though start date is negotiable depending on current commitments
About the School:
On the eastern edge of Jefferson County, in Lakewood, Colorado, Pennington is an intimately-sized school, with room to grow within the concept of Expeditionary Learning. The schools lives the motto “Children are our Priority”, and this new phase of curriculum and learning will build on that foundation and prepare students through building real world skill and knowledge mastery, developing character, and maintaining high expectations for quality student work. Pennington currently engages with numerous community partners through a 21st Century Learning Grant to provide unique experiences for students. Pennington serves a high free/reduced lunch student population with exceptional parent engagement. The move to an expeditionary learning focus builds on the strengths of Pennington’s instructional model.
About the Leader:
Living the mission and vision of Expeditionary Learning is the most important component of the new leader of Pennington Elementary, as the leader will need to inspire students and educators to achieve more in this new challenging, adventurous and meaningful learning environment.
The leader of this school will be curious and committed, a strong leader of staff and instruction, and a hub for community partnerships, with student, families and residents. Implementation of the curriculum is the key focus, as the principal strives for student success in the new environment.
Jeffco Public Schools has many supports developed to support schools with unique and innovative visions, and the principal will benefit from and contribute to these resources, for students, staff and community.
About the District:
Jeffco Public Schools, Colorado’s largest K-12 school district, with 85,000 students and approximately 14,000 employees, has provided educational excellence for more than 60 years. Nearly 10 percent of all Colorado K-12 students attend a Jeffco school and our employees benefit from partnerships with experienced, dynamic school leaders throughout our District. Our Jeffco Generations learning-centered vision states our district focus and begins our newest journey into the discovery of student learning and needs. In Jeffco Public Schools, you lead a school, but join a community. Come join us!
- A focus on the expeditionary learning model of student engagement and achievement
- Passion and commitment for rigorous student learning opportunities and innovative educational structures and programs at the elementary level.
- Outstanding strategic planning and problem-solving skills with an orientation toward results, action, impact and influence.
- Demonstrated expertise in building a positive school culture and standards-based, rigorous, instructional program conducive to student learning and professional growth of staff.
- Proven ability to share leadership and collaborate with students, staff, parents, community members and other stakeholders to drive student learning.
- Demonstrated success in recruiting, selecting and developing high-performing teams.
- Minimum two years leadership experience, such as principal, assistant principal, instructional coach, master teacher, etc.
- Master’s degree
- Colorado Principal License (or in progress)
- Certifications, endorsements, administrative experience, and/or expertise in curriculum, assessment and teacher professional development are strongly preferred.
How to ApplyTo Apply:
- Apply on-line at: jeffcopublicschools.org to job opening # 47396
- Position will close January 9, 2018
- Start date for this position is approximately February 1, 2018
- Competitive salary from $80,000 - $112,000
159 total views, 7 today