Research and Policy Product Administrator (Digital)
The Markle Foundation Seeks a Product Administrator (Digital)
to Operate and Improve the Digital Solutions Suite for the Rework America Alliance
About the Markle Foundation:
The Markle Foundation challenges itself and diverse partners to deploy their varied expertise to identify solutions to critical public problems and achieve systemic change. Today, as millions are unemployed and advanced technology and automation change the very nature of work, Markle’s current priority is advancing solutions toward a labor market that will enable workers in America to move into good jobs in the digital economy.
About the Rework America Alliance:
In response to the devastating impact of the pandemic, Markle launched the Rework America Alliance a nationwide collaboration of employers, non-profits, educators, government entities, and public and private organizations. The Alliance is working to open opportunities for millions of unemployed and low wage workers to move into good jobs, particularly people of color who have been disproportionately impacted by the current economic crisis. Partners include National Urban League, NAACP, UnidosUS, the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, Google, IBM, Microsoft, McKinsey & Company, North America’s Building Trades Unions, Workday and other leading businesses, labor unions, training and workforce organizations.
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
The Product Administrator will join a small team that enables development, delivery, and management of digital solutions for partners of the Rework America Alliance. The Rework America Alliance is working to leverage technology to open opportunities for millions of unemployed and low wage workers to move into good jobs, particularly people of color who have been disproportionately impacted by the current economic crisis and those who have built capabilities through experience but do not have a bachelor’s degree. The Product Administrator is an associate level teammate who will serve as an administrator of various existing platforms and products. They will serve as a liaison between the leadership of the Digital Solutions team, product users, and vendors (such as development/engineering). A core responsibility of this role will be the management of a Learning Management System (Totara) and the content it houses. Additionally, this position requires alignment with Markle’s mission of philanthropy. The right candidate will possess a desire to leverage their skills to help those in need and embody a tech for good approach and mindset. This position is a mix of independent, task-based, operational work with close collaboration within a cross-functional teams to influence product innovation and solutions that serve the greater good. Given the entrepreneurial nature of Markle, all team members execute a diverse portfolio of projects and contribute to the learning culture through execution of pilots, supporting multiple initiatives and collabo- rating across teams and partner organizations.
This role may interact with Digital Solutions ranging from wireframes / prototypes / MVPs to E-Learning objects and platforms. Some sample solutions in the suite include the Skillful Job Posting Generator and the Rework America Alliance / EMSI Skill My Resume solution
Required Foundational Skills:
- Problem solving- leverage inspection, deconstruction, and iteration skills to understand an issue and propose a reasonable solution. Split large complex goals into smaller, more concise components.
- Prioritization, planning, and coordination– demonstrate the ability to place tasks in the sequence that produces quick and efficient results, ability to construct a plan to meet the goals of the team and manage tasks to completion
- Client / customer service– effectively partner with internal and external clients to understand their needs, user journey, and expectations, ability to work with all clients to resolve
- Organization, monitoring, and documentation- ability to keep track of multiple projects that require different levels of attention (depending on where they are in their life cycle) and quickly identify points of intervention that require follow-up. Document important metrics and interactions.
- Detail Orientation– without getting lost in minutia, pay attention to the small but potentially important details that may impact overall goal
- Dependability and accountability– in this role it is critical to do what you say you will do, in a timely manner, with sufficient responsiveness, follow-up and
- Understanding of the impact of systemic racism in communities of color: Build awareness of the ways racism and racial inequity have affected labor markets and economic opportunity; demonstrate commitment to understanding and addressing these issues through the work we
Required Occupational / Technical Skills:
- Technical capabilities operate learning technologies and learning management systems, work with assets such as SCORM objects, audio files, video files, compression methods, and managing users and reports in the
- Account and software administration– ability and knowledge of LMS configuration and day to day management, understand how to provide ongoing maintenance of user and course data with LMS, ability to serve as system administrator for digital tools (LMS and other systems)ensure the LMS is functional, up to date, and contains accurate information as well as ability to make adjustments accordingly; ability to train users and admins as necessary; understand system roles and as- sign permissions as needed ability to set up new courses in the LMS and work with other work- streams to ensure tools meet necessary requirements
- Reporting on digital assets– ability to provide on-demand reports for not only LMS but Markle tools at large,
- Software testing – Report test results with a focus on findings and recommendations differentiating results by levels of severity. Include relevant information from the test plan and outline the test methodologies using metrics, tables, and visual methods to clarify as needed.
Preferred Foundational Skills:
- Research– ability to understand client and partner preferences to assist in identifying and screening new ideas and understand consumer satisfaction with a product; assist in desktop research or focus group discussions, interviews, and
- Concentration- an individual that can focus attention and ignore unrelated topics would be an asset to the
- Patience- ability to remain calm when dealing with tedious work or with a variety of opinions; demonstrate flexibility, acceptance, and
Preferred Occupational Skills:
- Programming- SCORM and Moodle proficiency, HTML, grasp of the techniques and principles of software development such as analysis, algorithms, coding, testing, and compiling of programming
- Debugging- ability to detect and catalogue existing and potential errors (‘bugs’) as identified in testing or user reports. Use specialized tools to replicate and analyze the conditions that caused the set of software states or outputs reported by the customer to provide adequate solutions. Work with the software code to find and resolve bugs or
- Product development- familiarity with review cycles and user testing; ability to take new information and understand how to apply it in a way that makes products more capable; familiarity with JIRA and other product support systems to track development and support
- User journeys- comfort with user experience and how it plays into product development; ability to identify major points of engagement and value adds for user groups within products; ability to identify points of opportunity to better align products with core
Testing and Documentation (for in-development and already operational solutions)
- Design test plans, scenarios, scripts, or
- Document software defects using a bug tracking system and report defects to software developers.
- Identify, analyze, and document problems with program function, output, online screen, or con- tent.
- Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or improve its performance.
- Troubleshoot issues, identify/recommend solutions and implement solutions where applicable
- Design, Development and Deployment
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product de- sign, schedules, or potential
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost
- Confer with systems analysts, engineers, programmers, and others to design systems and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and
- Degree Requirements: NONE! We are a skills first organization and care more about your ability to do the job than where you received training for
- Location: CO, IN, NY or DC
- Title: Product Administrator (Associate Level)
- Report: Senior Manager of Digital Solutions
- Term: Full-time
- Salary & Benefits: Base salary of $60,000 – $68,000 (depending on location and skill level) and a competitive benefits
- Travel: Limited, however the ability to travel as needed and when permissible, if required, is de- sired
- Applying: Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Markle is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, military status, or veteran’s status. Markle applies this policy to every aspect of employment, including internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, compensation, and termination decisions. Markle also pro- vides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with known disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.