Principal or Vice Principal RePublic High School Principal
Who We Are
RePublic Schools is a network of high-performing public charter schools based in Nashville, TN and Jackson, MS with a mission to reimagine public education in the South and prepare all of our scholars to graduate from college. In addition to providing a world-class traditional academic curriculum, we empower our students to be change-makers by teaching them to code – starting in the 5th grade.
Despite the fact that our scholars come from traditionally underserved communities (approximately 85% identify as low-income, and nearly 95% as students of color), we have seen them defy the odds to achieve outstanding results. RePublic’s schools have scored in the top 5% of all open-enrollment public schools across the state of Tennessee for both student growth and absolute achievement – making ours the first (and only) charter schools in state history to achieve this dual distinction.
At RePublic, we cultivate a cohesive community of families, staff, and scholars committed to doing whatever it takes to ensure our scholars succeed. We are looking for an ambitious, determined Principal to lead our network’s ground-breaking high school, RePublic High School, in Nashville, TN. Candidates must share our unwavering belief that all children can achieve at high levels and change the world. Sound like you?
What You’ll Do
The Principal, in conjunction with the Director of Operations, is responsible for all aspects of running RePublic High School. The principal leads instruction, curriculum, assessment, and professional development.
- Set standards for student growth and achievement; monitor progress of all students.
- Work with the school leadership team to analyze data, assess and evaluate teacher performance to ensure transformational gains in student achievement.
- Work with parents to achieve maximum involvement in support of student performance and success.
- Ensure school programming focuses on continuous improvement and ensures the achievement of all students.
- Lead teachers to drive academic outcomes by analyzing student work and studying data and implementing high leverage instructional moves to ensure dramatic gains for all students.
- Create a school-wide culture in which students love learning, think critically, and take ownership over their own learning.
- Manage the school leadership team, which includes: assistant principals, deans, directors and
- other school leadership staff.
- With the leadership team, regularly and consistently manage and evaluate the teaching team.
- Observe classes and provide feedback regularly.
- Lead data-driven discussions about student performance.
- Supervise and mentor teachers in collaboration with instructional leadership.
- Design professional development plans and programming for individual teachers to address. deficits, build on strengths, and become more effective, more successful team members.
- Create a high performing team responsible for attaining school goals and committed to achieving excellence.
- Lead teachers and school staff in developing a school culture and family relationships that promote the school’s mission and values.
- Develop leadership team and leadership capacity to support school success.
- Continually monitor progress across all measures of school and staff performance.
- Recruit, select, and hire all school staff, including teachers and school-based support staff.
- Develop school-wide goals and objectives consistent with the mission and vision of RePublic Schools.
- Oversee all programs, services, and activities to ensure that program objectives are met.
- Ensure compliance with full scope of government regulatory requirements.
- Manage student recruitment and enrollment process.
- Ensure a safe and orderly environment.
Who You Are
Our RePublic High School Principal has an unwavering belief that our students can achieve at an exceptionally high level. A successful candidate will have:
- Previous school leadership experience as a principal, assistant principal, or dean
- Demonstrated success in achieving transformational levels of achievement for students
- Demonstrated success developing school programs and school culture
- A passion for being part of a team-oriented, mission-driven school culture
- Demonstrated success managing staff through planning, motivating, rewarding, and providing targeted feedback and professional development
- Demonstrated success coaching adults to achieve exceptional student outcomes;
- High level of organization and resourcefulness, with the ability to be on top of the day-to-day management of a school;
- Demonstrated ability to speak and write clearly, succinctly and persuasively such that expectations are clear, timelines are delineated, and excellence is defined;
- A bachelor’s degree with a preference for a graduate degree in a related field; and
- Passionate belief in RePublic’s mission, values, and educational model.
Salary is competitive and commensurate based on experience. Compensation at RePublic includes a comprehensive benefits package.