School Network Staff Senior Director of Student Services
Position: Senior Director of Student Services
Reports to: Chief Academic Officer
Location: STRIVE Prep- Central Office (Denver, CO)
STRIVE Prep is a Denver-based community of public charter schools that challenges every student to strive for college and thrive throughout life by helping them to discover and develop the knowledge, skills, and confidence necessary to succeed in college and beyond. We encourage you to read our 2020 Impact Report and learn more about what a career at STRIVE Prep is like here.
We seek dedicated educators that live STRIVE Prep’s core values every day:
Core Beliefs – Achievement
- Commitment 1: I commit to celebrating academic and personal success for all.
- Commitment 2: I commit to holding myself and others accountable to high expectations.
- Commitment 3: I commit to bringing passion and joy to my work.
Core Beliefs – Justice
- Commitment 1: I commit to intentionally disrupt inequity, bias, and systems of oppression.
- Commitment 2: I commit to creating an environment of safe body, mind, and heart.
- Commitment 3: I commit to building a community where each person can bring their full, authentic self.
Core Beliefs – Perseverance
- Commitment 1: I commit to the belief that we grow and get smarter through effort and by making mistakes.
- Commitment 2: I commit to showing up Con Ganas, where we never give up even when the work is hard. Unwavering commitment to ensuring STRIVE Prep is an actively anti-racist and anti-oppressive organization.
- Commitment 3: I commit to showing up with integrity and doing the right thing even when the road is tough.
The Senior Director of Student Services will oversee and ensure the quality implementation of the STRIVE Prep’s Student Services Programming including clarity of vision, robust training, and ongoing direct support for these programs: English Language Development, Multi-Tiered Systems of Support, Individualized Instruction Time (course-embedded intervention), Mental Health Services, Special Education, and High School College and Career Ready courses. Ultimately, ensuring the success of all STRIVE Prep scholars in reaching their self-determined outcomes.
ACADEMIC VISION SETTING
- Collaborate with the Chief Academic Officer, Chief Schools Officer, & other network leaders to create and lead on a robust network academic vision centered around rigorous academic expectations, culturally responsive strategies, & critical pedagogy framework.
- Bring expertise in Universal Design for Learning, Multi-Tiered Systems of Support, Special Education, Section 504 & English Language Development (especially concerning Emergent Bilinguals), as well as an inclusion/equity-focused lens to all levels of decision making.
- Develop and implement a Student Services Programming Strategic Plan that is in alignment with the network’s academic vision, is based in best practices, & uses data to ensure all scholars are making progress towards self-determined outcomes.
MANAGER OF MANAGERS
- Lead and manage the STRIVE Prep Student Services team, tasked with the implementation of STRIVE Prep’s vision of Student Services programming, including defining clear performance goals and targets, providing ongoing development and support, and conducting formal performance evaluations.
- Directly and indirectly, support the work of developing Assistant Principals of Student Services to be experts in leading Student Services programming and MTSS on their campuses.
LEAD ON COMPLIANCE
- Collaborate with Denver Public Schools to ensure that all STRIVE Prep SpEd programming is in compliance with both district and state requirements.
- Advocate for scholars and STRIVE Prep interests. For example, for scholars with disabilities to receive services in their least restrictive environment and for campus teams to have the appropriate support to deliver high-quality services.
- Design and lead relevant and comprehensive professional development and training programs for teachers, instructional coaches, center staff, and Assistant Principals of Student Services.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement through knowledge sharing and facilitation of ongoing dialogue among and between the Student Services Team and campus-based staff, including Principals, Instructional Coaches, Assistant Principals of Student Services, and Teachers.
- Bachelor of Arts or Sciences degree
- At least three years of teaching experience in a Student Services role
- Experience leading Student Services programming at a school or district level
- Demonstrated success leading Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS) at the school or district/network level.
- Expertise in Special Education compliance in the state of Colorado and a current Special Education License.
- A deep belief in holding students to rigorous academic expectations within a critical pedagogy framework
- Unwavering commitment to ensuring STRIVE Prep is an actively anti-racist and anti-oppressive organization.
- Speaks Spanish
- Has strong experience and knowledge supporting Emergent Bilinguals
- Strong understanding of social-emotional expertise and interventions.
- Is English Language Acquisition certified
- Demonstrated success working with students from historically marginalized communities
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This is a full-time exempt position and is eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- *Competitive base compensation based on years of relevant experience and other relevant factors allowable by Colorado law and STRIVE Prep policy.
- Health benefits (eligibility for full-time employees only)
- 100% employer-paid premium for employee-only medical coverage
- Company Paid Employee Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life (Employee, Spouse, Child)
- Voluntary Critical Illness & Accidental Coverage
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Participation in the Colorado Public Employee Retirement Association (PERA) pension program (in lieu of Social Security tax) with an option to elect into a competitive 401(k) plan.
- Applicable Pay for Performance increase upon successful completion of a full school year
- Time off benefits (eligibility for full-time employees only)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Vacation Time for Central-based employees
- Paid Designated Breaks
- Up to 6 weeks of paid Family Leave (upon eligibility)
- Paid Sabbatical (upon eligibility)
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
STRIVE Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. STRIVE Prep works to make a college preparatory education for all students in our community the norm, rather than the exception. To achieve this we are committed to building and sustaining a diverse team by maintaining hiring and recruiting processes that are free from bias.